Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel 9900k
Graphics
Gigabyte 6800xt & Gigabyte 580
Hello All

I have spent the last two days battling to transition from Clover & Catalina over to Big Sur & OC, I feel I have learnt a lot in that timeframe but it still feels like there is a long way to go here!

I have constructed a new EFI from scratch and have managed to get a USB Installer of Big Sur to complete it's initial install to disk
but the Verbose/boot after the first reset is not going so well...

I believe my issues are likely USB related and have attached a screenshot for reference, sometimes this screen pops up almost straight away in Verbose other times it looks as though It may work and then shoots down my dreams.

Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at my EFI? / give me some thoughts on this error?

Now that I am attaching this I realise Open Core Configurator does not appear to have saved the SMBIOS, serial number etc I created could this be it?

Attachments

• 2022-01-06 20.51.36.jpg
    2022-01-06 20.51.36.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 2022-01-06 21.19.33.jpg
    2022-01-06 21.19.33.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 44
  • config.plist
    29 KB · Views: 40
  • 2022-01-06 21.42.55.jpg
    2022-01-06 21.42.55.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 39
Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at my EFI?
If you want someone to look at your /EFI folder you should attach it (not just your config.plist).

Lilu.kext should be the first kext listed in your config.plist :

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 21.51.21.png

Hello All

I have spent the last two days battling to transition from Clover & Catalina over to Big Sur & OC, I feel I have learnt a lot in that timeframe but it still feels like there is a long way to go here!

I have constructed a new EFI from scratch and have managed to get a USB Installer of Big Sur to complete it's initial install to disk
but the Verbose/boot after the first reset is not going so well...

I believe my issues are likely USB related and have attached a screenshot for reference, sometimes this screen pops up almost straight away in Verbose other times it looks as though It may work and then shoots down my dreams.

Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at my EFI? / give me some thoughts on this error?

Now that I am attaching this I realise Open Core Configurator does not appear to have saved the SMBIOS, serial number etc I created could this be it?

Hi there and welcome. :thumbup:

First thing - never post your config.plist or a screengrab with your serial-number visible. Redact it or block it out.

Next - you should only use one HFS driver HFSPlus.efi OR OpenHFSPlus.efi. Not both.

:)

EDIT: - And what @P1LGRIM said. :thumbup:

Cheers gents, I managed to get in. Much appreciated for the help!

Out of curiosity how do you change the boot order of the kexts in OC? I think I read proper tree is supposed to do it automatically using OC clean snapshot etc but I have tried that several times and Lilu always came up second, in the end I had to delete the ethernet kext to force the order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back