Contribute
Register

Clover stuck at OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides..won't boot from UEFI SSD- 10.10.1 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing regarding the Anti-virus was relevant to my boot failure. Does anyone else have an idea what might be happening?

I started having this issue tonight randomly. I reinstalled clover removing OsxAptioFixDrv and installing OsxAptioFix2Drv to resolve the issue. My system is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH w/ Nvidia GTX 970 and the "Hackintosh" Apple wifi card. Everything is working now using the v2 of AptioFix via Clover install package.

How did you do that ?
Can you send here osxaptiodrv2 ? plz

How did you do that ?
Can you send here osxaptiodrv2 ? plz

That file is there in the latest version of Clover; Which you can download from SourceForge.

I had this working fine for Yosemite, But now I was formatting and installing El Capitan and I am also stuck with this issue. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Still no fix?
Same issue with dell T20 and NVIDIA 970, I had a working install with an old clover version and El Capitan 10.11.1 or .2, but I locked me out by testing Mac OS server...now I installed windows 10 at my 500gb ssd and tried to make a bootstick with unibeast and 10.11.6... it installs,but after reboot I can't boot into the HDD with the osxaptio error with 2 lines...

Tried nearly all boot flags and osxaptio versions...no way to get inside

Go to Options > System Parameters > System Integrity Protection and enable "Allow Unrestricted NVRAM"
(Also, Unstrusted Kexts and Unrestricted FS is they aren't already)
That works for me.

previously had a fully working installation of 10.10.1 using the main guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html .

then, accidentally erased all data using 'find my mac' > erase device, when messing around with Apple ID's and trying to get iMessage working.

now I am having issues reinstalling on the same SSD. I have successfully installed twice following the same guide above, but when i first boot into OS X, mount and install Clover to the EFI partition, and restart, Yosemite will not boot from the SSD, only my USB install drive.

I am able to get to the Clover boot menu, then i see the message:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efi boot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1F|2)/SATA(0,FFFF)/HD(Part2,SigXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

...then reboots, and does the same thing over again.

I have used the standard config.plist file (modified with required Boot and SMBIOS settings) provided in the guide for both times, when I reached a working install and in these reinstall attempts.

Some notes:
-I have tried many different boot flags, and BIOS settings.
-I have tried OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, and OsxLowMemFixDrv, all at separate times- none of them work. (if i use OsxLowMemFixDrv, i get a different message with "root device uuid is: XXXXXXX").
-I have tried both VBoxHfs-64.efi and HFSplus.efi at separate times, neither of which worked.
-My BIOS version is Z68MA-D2H-B3 U1C (UEFI).
-Also, I repartitioned my SSD for a fresh install using the guide. I am wondering, did the 'erase my device' make any unknown changes on the SSD? The install went so smoothly the first time.
- 'Mac OS X' is a boot option in the BIOS, and I noticed this was an option even before the install finished. Is this supposed to be here, or was it left over on my SSD from the first install?
-I have seen this error in a ticket on the Clover site: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/88/ , and it was closed with update 2994. I am still receiving this message when trying many subsequent versions of Clover (2999, 3021, 3033). I previously had a working install with 3021.

I am thinking, has my SSD hardware failed? Or, possibly has something to do with my BIOS settings. I say this because I did not have to use any extra boot flags when I reached a full working install the first time.

It seems this is a common error, but I have not been able to find any info on it yet. Thanks very much in advance.

This is EXACTLY what I did... I can't believe I found someone else who did the exact same thing. I even did the iCloud erase this Mac when trying to fix iMessage because I THOUGHT I was just removing the device from the list... not wiping the mac clean. Now I can't install Sierra on the same drive! I get the exact same message! I've reformatted the drive multiple times. There's nothing I can do! I've even tried to wipe out the EFI by formatting it to windows, then formatting it back to MAC so that I can have a clean EFI partition in case something got stuck there that wasn't right. No luck!!

Just to reiterate - I was able to install sierra just fine but when booting back from USB and selecting the new SSD installation is when I get that boot loop you described.

I feel like an idiot for the iCloud disaster. Now I've wasted an entire day doing this.

Did you ever have any luck? Is this SSD just toast? Did wipe this mac do something where I can never use this drive again? I would appreciate ANY of your wisdom or experience.

Hi. Any update on this? I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Everything was working well until I performed this disastrous iCloud mistake...
I also got the same problem
Anyone knows how to unlock the drive or does removing core storage solve the problem?

Did either of you find a solution? I made the iCloud disaster today and I've reinstalled multiple times but have the exact issue described here. I'll buy a new SSD if I must, will that even work? Any solutions / ideas?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back