CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How can I stop Clover from constantly scanning the drives/partitions I have on my computer. I have a lot of them, and while rescanning them doesn't take long at all (maybe 2 seconds), whenever I plug in my external 500gb hdd, clover takes ages to scan it (and for no reason, as it just has data). I know it's because USB is rather slow, but is there a way to either exclude this USB drive, or just make clover stop scanning drives after it knows what my actual drives are, such as with a cache of some sort?

How can I stop Clover from constantly scanning the drives/partitions I have on my computer. I have a lot of them, and while rescanning them doesn't take long at all (maybe 2 seconds), whenever I plug in my external 500gb hdd, clover takes ages to scan it (and for no reason, as it just has data). I know it's because USB is rather slow, but is there a way to either exclude this USB drive, or just make clover stop scanning drives after it knows what my actual drives are, such as with a cache of some sort?

This is not Clover doing the scan - it is OS X Spotlight indexing the drive.
Adding the drive to Privacy setting in Spotlight might stop it or you can open terminal and type

sudo mdutil -d /Volumes/"Your Drive"
sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/"Your Drive"

The first disables the indexing, the second deletes the index from spotlight metadata.

This is not Clover doing the scan - it is OS X Spotlight indexing the drive.
Adding the drive to Privacy setting in Spotlight might stop it or you can open terminal and type

sudo mdutil -d /Volumes/"Your Drive"
sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/"Your Drive"

The first disables the indexing, the second deletes the index from spotlight metadata.

Oh I meant when clover says "scanning drives" when one first boots to it. Is this still OS X?

Oh I meant when clover says "scanning drives" when one first boots to it. Is this still OS X?

No, this is Clover.
In config.plist change true to false in
Code:
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
          <key>Entries</key>
          <true/>

Perfect, thanks for the help. I haven't tried it, but this looks like it will fix the issue I am referring to. I will post back if it doesn't. I assume that I should re enable this if I change/add/remove any partitions, right, and then after Clover re-scans, I can disable it again?

No, this is Clover.
In config.plist change true to false in
Code:
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
          <key>Entries</key>
          <true/>

Unfortunately, after I did this, I couldn't boot into my Macintosh HD as clover only saw my windows drives (didn't see my second drive with OSX nor my third drive with linux and my OSX backups). I wonder if setting my OSX drive as the primary drive in the BIOS would have done the trick. I had clover in a backup drive, so I could fix everything, but I am still back at square 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back