Contribute
Register

[Clover] Still having issues with dual-booting Yosemite/Win10. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-UD5H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GTX 970
In my previous post awhile back, I tried a bunch of different things to get Dual Booting to work, and no suggestions worked. Please see link for more specific details about that.

So, as a last resort, I bit the bullet and re-installed Windows on my second SSD. I still boot fine into OS X, but for the life of me, Windows is not playing nicely, even after fresh reformatting + install.

Steps I took this time around:

1) Formatted the Win10 drive as if I were going to do a fresh install of OS X. (GPT Journaled formatting)
2) Created a bootable Win10 USB installer.
3) Installed Win10 (deleted the formatted OS X partition, installed Win10 on reallocated space, EFI remained)
4) Checked msinfo32, definitely UEFI version, Win10 running fine when OS X SSD disconnected.
5) Plugged back in OS X drive.
6) Booted to BIOS, changed from Other OS to Windows 8 (not Windows 8 WQHL), then disabled CSM.
7) Booted to Clover.
8) Only one option for the Win10 drive, "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI".
9) Goes to black screen. Nothing.

Any ideas what might be going on now that I've done a fresh install by following some of the guides on here for multi-booting?

I read somewhere that I might have to rename bootmgr.efi -> bootmgr-original.efi, but I'm not sure that will solve it. I'm really ready to try anything (besides reinstalling my OS X drive...).

The Boot Sequence/Order is:

- UEFI OS
- OS X
- OS X (this is my recovery image, I think)
- UEFI OS: (SSD2, Windows drive)
- OS X partition on random 3TB drive
- Windows partition on random 3TB drive
- Master Boot Record: (SSD2, Windows Drive)

Shameless bump, it's been awhile.

What happens if you enable CSM? If you get to the Clover screen and exit Clover does it automatically boot Win10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back