CPU
i7-870
Graphics
GTX 960
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have a build running ML, and I'm preparing to install Yosemite on a separate drive using Clover. I have my installer thumb just about ready, but I have a few questions before pulling the trigger.

Yosemite Clover Install Guide says (Step 26) DSDT and SSDT patches are optional. I have DSDT patch for mobo, but no SSDT patch. Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen script does not list i7-870 in supported CPUs. I can't find anywhere saying it's been updated to support 870.

Anyway, the Clover install guide says DSDT *and* SSDT, so I'm wondering if there is any harm in patching DSDT but not SSDT.

Or should I just leave them both out and see how that goes? I've done this enough times to know it rarely works the first time, ProBook installer being the exception.

Also, should I unplug the ML drive? Any interference or danger of corruption if I leave it in?

I currently have a build running ML, and I'm preparing to install Yosemite on a separate drive using Clover. I have my installer thumb just about ready, but I have a few questions before pulling the trigger.

Yosemite Clover Install Guide says (Step 26) DSDT and SSDT patches are optional. I have DSDT patch for mobo, but no SSDT patch. Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen script does not list i7-870 in supported CPUs. I can't find anywhere saying it's been updated to support 870.

Anyway, the Clover install guide says DSDT *and* SSDT, so I'm wondering if there is any harm in patching DSDT but not SSDT.

Or should I just leave them both out and see how that goes? I've done this enough times to know it rarely works the first time, ProBook installer being the exception.

Also, should I unplug the ML drive? Any interference or danger of corruption if I leave it in?
Install per the Yosemite Guide. Run MultiBeast post install. EFI partition should mount automatically when done - if not mount EFI partition, copy DSDT to Clover->ACPI->Patched folder. SSDT not required. Older hardware does not benefit from SSDT the way newer hardware does.
You can leave the old drive connected if you are confidant you will not overwrite, erase or format it by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back