Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7950
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm about to tear my hair out over this.

I'm dualbooting El Capitan and Win10 Pro on my Hackintosh and have everything in both pretty much how I want it, except for one thing: if I boot Win10 (the Microsoft EFI partition) from Clover, it takes up to five minutes to load into the lock screen, yet, if I load Win10 (Windows Boot Manager) directly through my system's EFI boot menu, it loads right up, no problem. One thing I have noticed when loading Win10 from Clover is that there seems to be some USB device detection issue (keyboard & mouse lights go out, but don't come right back on and the system hangs for a few minutes, then boots in normally) that doesn't happen when booting through Windows Boot Manager directly. It doesn't matter whether I let Clover scan for the drives or if I use a custom entry pointing to \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi, it does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 195
  • config_ts1.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 260
Did you try it first without the custom entries in the config.plist? If it will boot without them, then do not use them.

It does the same thing whether or not I have any custom entries at all; I've tried it with and without them. From Clover, Windows does boot, just godawfully slow; as previously said, once Clover hands it off to Windows Boot Manager, it starts the boot process normally, apparently hangs on USB detection, just sits there for about five minutes, then proceeds to boot normally into the Windows lock screen. However, if I boot Windows directly through my mobo's EFI boot menu (hitting F12 and selecting the Windows Boot Manager), everything loads as it should, within about 20-30 seconds.

Are there any flags or arguments that Clover needs to have for Windows 10 EFI?

Addendum: This situation also happens when trying to boot to Win10 from my Unibeast/El Capitan USB stick with the stock Clover install.

Addendum 2: OK, I'm a dumbass...somehow, some days ago, in the BIOS, the USB settings apparently got jacked. "XHCI handoff" was set for "Enabled", while "EHCI handoff" was set for "Disabled"; if I put both to "Disabled", Windows would boot just fine with no hangs, either from Clover or from the EFI boot menu, but OS X wouldn't load (it just hung at the black Apple screen). However, if I put both to "Enabled", both Windows and OS X load fine, from Clover or the EFI boot menu, although OS X seems to take just a bit longer to load after putting in my password, but not much. Other than that, I'm not seeing any other issues at this point, so I hope it's all squared away.

Thank you, TedStriker75! I was seeing incredibly slow Windows 10 boot time after switching to Clover. Luckily, before I spent a lot of time troubleshooting I found this thread and updated my BIOS settings so both XHCI Handoff and EHCI Handoff are enabled. Works fine now.

Thank you, TedStriker75! I was seeing incredibly slow Windows 10 boot time after switching to Clover. Luckily, before I spent a lot of time troubleshooting I found this thread and updated my BIOS settings so both XHCI Handoff and EHCI Handoff are enabled. Works fine now.
Are you sure? It does not work for me although I turned both on. My Windows 10 takes 15 mins to boot up from clover screen.

Does anyone experience the same like this? Please help me. Thank a ton.

Are you sure? It does not work for me although I turned both on. My Windows 10 takes 15 mins to boot up from clover screen.

Does anyone experience the same like this? Please help me. Thank a ton.

Did you find a, fix for this? Tried the above but it didn't work for me

[...] if I boot Win10 (the Microsoft EFI partition) from Clover, it takes up to five minutes to load into the lock screen, yet, if I load Win10 (Windows Boot Manager) directly through my system's EFI boot menu, it loads right up, no problem. [...]

Same issue here, BIOS USB options didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back