Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have gathered a boot.log from Clover Configurator and I have found that in certain point mostly the end the ACPI patches are repeated and this might be a reason on why it takes so long to boot on my dell G7 with APFS. I have read that HFS+ is a better option for fast booting but I would like to know what other tweaks can people find or suggest to decrease boot time.

Thanks

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
  • config.plist
    11.1 KB · Views: 122
I have gathered a boot.log from Clover Configurator and I have found that in certain point mostly the end the ACPI patches are repeated and this might be a reason on why it takes so long to boot on my dell G7 with APFS. I have read that HFS+ is a better option for fast booting but I would like to know what other tweaks can people find or suggest to decrease boot time.

Thanks
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My bad
Here it is.
One thing I also notice really slow is when in the configuration app you need to enter the password to grand admin privileges. Edit: Long wait time for admin privileges is gone, I guess as the faked model has Touch ID it looks for it every time something needs an approval. @vinhtq115 told me about the NoTouchID kext.

Edit: Native bluetooth card seems to work as I can connect my iPhone and iPad but airdrop does not work. Any ideas? Have installed BrcmFirmwareRepo and BcrmPatchRAM2 (uploaded system report in case there is any way to get airdrop working)

I may create a guide for the G7 but first I have to make sure most work as good as it should.

Attachments

• debug_1413.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • System Report.zip
    271.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Haven't found anything with my experience, is anyone able to identify something strange in the bootlog that may be the cause for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back