Motherboard
asus p6t-se
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
I am running on an Asus p6t se motherboard, nvidia gtx 1060 and 18 gb of installed ram. I have verified that my clover app is up to date. I have changed my clover configuration file to recommended settings and even changed some nexts around. No matter what I try I can not get my boot drive to show. Please help!!

No chance of a GTX 1060 working in Catalina, there are no drivers.

But I don’t think that would cause my boot drive to not appear in clover? Would it? With the boot drive I made from unibeast it used clover 2.4 rev 5102. And it installed great. I just can’t get post clover installation to work

Attachments

• 8437BADC-1F81-48E4-8981-D75E7DA1752B.jpeg
    8437BADC-1F81-48E4-8981-D75E7DA1752B.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 35
I am running on an Asus p6t se motherboard, nvidia gtx 1060 and 18 gb of installed ram. I have verified that my clover app is up to date. I have changed my clover configuration file to recommended settings and even changed some nexts around. No matter what I try I can not get my boot drive to show. Please help!!

You need to have EFI booting on, I usually have CSM off unless you need it for some reason. You need legacy boot off. You also need to disable Windows 8/10 secure boot, name can vary some, and have it set to operating system as 'Other'.

If you don't have EFI boot support on your motherboard, I don't know since it is kind of old, you will need to make a custom installer where clover is installed in legacy boot mode. I don't know how to do that. You can probably google it though.

That should get you going.

You need to have EFI booting on, I usually have CSM off unless you need it for some reason. You need legacy boot off. You also need to disable Windows 8/10 secure boot, name can vary some, and have it set to operating system as 'Other'.

If you don't have EFI boot support on your motherboard, I don't know since it is kind of old, you will need to make a custom installer where clover is installed in legacy boot mode. I don't know how to do that. You can probably google it though.

That should get you going.

I know my MB has EFI boot support. Can’t find anything like secure boot in my bios but I’ll keep looking. What do you mean by CSM? I’m still new to the hackintosh world

CSM = Compatibility Support Module, a part of UEFI to allow legacy BIOS stuff.

I had a similar issue with the unibeast Catalina USB. Edit your config.plist to show all partitions (I used CloverConfigurator under GUI tab, SCAN check them all)

CSM = Compatibility Support Module, a part of UEFI to allow legacy BIOS stuff.

I had a similar issue with the unibeast Catalina USB. Edit your config.plist to show all partitions (I used CloverConfigurator under GUI tab, SCAN check them all)

That did the trick. Thank you very much for you advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back