Strix z370-G
CPU
Intel i5 8400
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,
I just upgraded from 10.10.4 to 10.11.6, and everything went flawlessly until I went to update the boot loader. Multibeast says it installs clover and everything ok, and then when it reboots the machine, the clover boot loader is there, the machine boots up, but the video card driver doesn't load. (boots to apple logo, progress bar gets halfway, then screen goes dark. Unit does not auto-reboot at this point, manual restart is required). When booting off the clover defaults on the USB drive, there is no issue. When booting to the clover installed on the boot partition, issue reoccurs. I have tried copying the EFI partition from the thumb drive, reinstalling clover, no dice. I can boot off the thumb drive, but I am borrowing it and need to return it, and requiring a thumb drive for boot is inelegant.

Specs:
GTX 970
Gigabyte UD3h z97
Intel i5 (can't remember which exact one)
2x 8gb ram
3x 4TB seagate drive (time machine and long term storage)
1x 1TB seagate drive (games, photos, and short term storage)
1x 256gb OCZ SSD (boot drive)

Thoughts?

If you mean to copy the EFI partition (disk6s1 to disk0s1), then I tried copying the files and folders from one partition to the other, no dice. I can try cloning the entire partition from one to the other but am not sure if that would make a change. There is no EFI folder on the install USB (that I can see)

Boot from the USB, run EFI mounter. Copy the USB folders to your desktop. Use EFI mounter to mount the disc EFI. Copy the files from your desktop to the disk. Shutdown, remove the USB stick, power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back