Contribute
Register

Clover settings for dual booting Windows 10 and High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't know where to post it.
I have 2 drives, one SSD with Win10 on it and one HDD with High Sierra 10.13.6 on it. They both work fine and I'm able to boot into either of them in Clover bootloader but the startup time is SOOO slow.
I want to have my Win10 OS as the default one.
So I wanted to ask a few questions:
1. Is there a way to skip Clover bootloader and boot directly into Windows?
2. Will my system be fine if I rearrange the boot order from the BIOS and set "UEFI Windows" (or whatever) as first?
3. If not, is there a way to speed up Clover?
4. Last question, is there a way to put Win10 as "default" in Clover bootloader? So it starts automatically when Clover starts

Sorry for my English and thank you guys!

My system: i7 8700k, 16GB 2400mhz, GTX 1060 6GB (Zotac), Asrock Z370 Extreme 4

Moved to Multi Booting.

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't know where to post it.
I have 2 drives, one SSD with Win10 on it and one HDD with High Sierra 10.13.6 on it. They both work fine and I'm able to boot into either of them in Clover bootloader but the startup time is SOOO slow.
I want to have my Win10 OS as the default one.
So I wanted to ask a few questions:
1. Is there a way to skip Clover bootloader and boot directly into Windows?
2. Will my system be fine if I rearrange the boot order from the BIOS and set "UEFI Windows" (or whatever) as first?
3. If not, is there a way to speed up Clover?
4. Last question, is there a way to put Win10 as "default" in Clover bootloader? So it starts automatically when Clover starts

Sorry for my English and thank you guys!

My system: i7 8700k, 16GB 2400mhz, GTX 1060 6GB (Zotac), Asrock Z370 Extreme 4
1. Set the Win10 drive as first to boot in the UEFI.
2. Yes.
3. Depends on what is causing it to be slow.
4. Yes. See the Clover Wiki on how to set the boot section.

1. Set the Win10 drive as first to boot in the UEFI.
2. Yes.
3. Depends on what is causing it to be slow.
4. Yes. See the Clover Wiki on how to set the boot section.

Thank you very much!
So if I put Win10 as first boot there will be no problem?

And regarding my 3rd question, Clover does like a "component scan" or something when it boots up, I don't remember it doing those kind of checks back when I had a Sierra hackintosh. Maybe I should update Clover?

Newer versions of Clover do a component scan to determine what chipsets and socket you have. You can update Clover to the latest if you like - I usually just use the one in the Downloads forum - latest version is r4586

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back