CPU
i7-4930K @ 3.40ghz
Graphics
nvidea GeForce gtx 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have a working mavericks, but i want to upgrade to sierra and not high sierra, because some pro tools plugins don't work on high sierra yet. I haven't tried a direct update, i'm going for a clean install, because i figured i have to get the usb installer to work in order to get the hard drive to be able to work. And since i need this computer/hackintosh for work, i can't afford to have it lying around unusable.

Here is the setup:
asrock X79 extreme6 p2.50
nvidea GeForce gtx 770
Intel Core i7 4930k (6 Cores)

either way, i created the usb stick, i get to the clover boot screen, and can't get any further, i see the black screen, apple logo, loading bar pops up, but doesn't start moving at all. i guess some boot settings are wrong, for the old mavericks system chameleon used:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>SSDT</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
   <string>No</string>
   <key>PciRoot</key>
   <string>1</string>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>npci=0x2000</string>
   <key>UseKernelCache</key>
   <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm new to this clover bootloader. I don't have any idea how to get the chameleon settings in clover, there is no pci root or graphics enabler etc. Everything is different. What would be the equivalent clover settings for these chameleon settings?

either way, i created the usb stick, i get to the clover boot screen, and can't get any further, i see the black screen, apple logo, loading bar pops up, but doesn't start moving at all.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

thank you so much for replying, sorry i hadn't noticed that somebody replied, i'm really greatful and hope that you can help me.

this is what i get:

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 358
i can't handle this new clover boot screen at all, how do i enter graphicsenabler=no and npci=0x2000 ? because that always worked with the yosemite installer.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
anybody that can help me with this?

Did you already try to boot with npci=0x2000 added to the Boot Args?
i did and the installation worked, i used multibeast on my hard drive, and used clover configurator to add npci=0x2000 but when i tried starting up from my osx installation i got boot0:error so i found a guide on this site to get rid of it, but i can't get it to work, i just kept getting no such file or directory found.

i tried:

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

dd if=/Volumes/"SIERRA"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

dd if=/Volumes/"sierra"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

dd if=/Volumes/SIERRA/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
all with no luck

Last edited:
ok i tried clover configurator with all kinds of different settings, i still get the same boot0:error, with nothing else inserted, it gives me the options to boot from my main drive and to boot from mac os x, when i click mac os x it just refreshes my "please select boot device" screen, and when i select my ssd i get the boot0:error after 3x boot0:get

any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back