Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I have a reoccurring problem that happens every 3rd or 4th time I try booting up my computer. It goes through bios and then when it gets to the Clover screen it says "Scanning Entries" and just stays there forever and never shows the boot up options. Its like it can't find the boot drive.

Is there a setting or something easy to fix this in Clover config? I am running Clover version 4411.

Thanks in advance!

I have one particular SSD that causes problems on boot, I have to unplug it to get the system to boot (from a diff disk.) Perhaps the drive is beginning to crap out.

Its a brand new Samsung 960 Evo NVME drive. I also have a 3tb internal HDD attached via Sata that I use for most of my files. I've had this kind of setup before and never had an issue booting. I had El Capitan for years and just recently moved to High Sierra and apfs. It seems to me like Clover just can't find the boot drive sometimes (I have it set in my BIOS as the 1 and only boot option. All other options are disabled).

I thought there was a way to set clover to look for a specific boot drive, just don't know how to do that.

Ok then, NVMe drives have their own issues that are different from SSDs and HDDs. I don't use one so I'm not going to be much help.

As far as Clover goes, it is possible to set the "Default Volume" but I don't know how it would behave if it couldn't find it.

Is there a setting or something easy to fix this in Clover config?
Try HFSPlus.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder instead of VBoxHFs-64.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back