Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going to put together a system shortly using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and an i5-2500K, and plan on using the HD 3000 graphics (at least for the time being). I know that it may be a bit more effort to get graphics acceleration working than it would be with a 6-series board, but would this affect using Clover? I quite like the idea of having a proper UEFI boot as opposed to using Chameleon/Chimera.

I'm going to put together a system shortly using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and an i5-2500K, and plan on using the HD 3000 graphics (at least for the time being). I know that it may be a bit more effort to get graphics acceleration working than it would be with a 6-series board, but would this affect using Clover? I quite like the idea of having a proper UEFI boot as opposed to using Chameleon/Chimera.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just moved by Z77x-UD5h from Multibeast/Unibeast/Yosemite to Cover/Yosemite with UEFI all working no problems. If you want, you can read about my experience here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...mavericks-clover-uefi-mode-10.html#post916692)

Let me know how it goes for you! I have an nVidia discrete card, but using the integrated should be no problem either.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just moved by Z77x-UD5h from Multibeast/Unibeast/Yosemite to Cover/Yosemite with UEFI all working no problems. If you want, you can read about my experience here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...mavericks-clover-uefi-mode-10.html#post916692)

Let me know how it goes for you! I have an nVidia discrete card, but using the integrated should be no problem either.
Ah cool, thanks! The only reason I mentioned the graphics is that it seems they need a bit of work to get full acceleration working, due to them being 'mismatched' (OS X would expect a 7-series motherboard to be paired with an Ivy Bridge chip with HD 4000 graphics). I wasn't sure how this might work affect the installation of Clover.

Do you think it would be any easier if I started with Clover from the beginning? I think I'd rather use Chimera to begin with and migrate to Clover later, just so I can get the system up and running without too much of a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back