Clover reboots during sierra install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Black GA Z79X UD3H BK
CPU
Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel Onboard =weak / AMD Pro Duo=Kinda working / GTX 1070=shelved until further notice!
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I read through and followed the 10.12 installation guide here using my 2011 genuine mac mini running sierra to get started.

Using a 16GB usb drive, choosing the UEFI boot mode option I installed the latest unibeast which in turn copied over the sierra install files.

Then on my hackintosh:

I followed the suggested BIOS settings and booted off the USB.

Clover shows up, I boot Sierra from USB, get to the installer page and format my SSD as specified, then install the OS to the drive.

All good so far, reboot and again clover appears from the USB drive, and here's where I'm stuck:

I cannot complete the Sierra installation, I choose Sierra from my SSD and it starts to load the final stages of the OS install, I get the apple logo and the white bar gets to about 2/3rds of the way across, it hangs for a second and reboots.

This happens no matter what I try, I've gone through the above procedure on 2 different usb sticks, 2 different hard drives, I've tried it with the integrated graphics and the GPU, I've taken everything out of the machine apart from the barebone essentials, tried different ports, tried unibeast UEFI and Legacy...

I tried to get a glimse of what's going on using bootflags -v -x but because it doesn't freeze it just re-boots I can't see what's going wrong, it's too fast, all though I do see the "reboot" command pop up for half a second.

Anyone got any suggestions?!

Cheers!

Ps if you look at my specs you can see my hardware, the GTX 1070 is currently in it's box, so not part of the problem, and I'm trying to get the AMD pro duo working as it seems quite happy so far, as I mentioned I get the same result even if I completely remove the GPU and just use the onboard graphics.

OK weird, incase anyone was wondering or experiencing the same issues, I honestly don't know what I did differently but I went through the whole procedure one more time and Sierra finally installed, all the time running the AMD Pro Duo, the card is showing up as AMD R9XXX with a Device ID of 7300 which is the same as the Nano, which makes sense as the Pro Duo is 2xNano on one card, I guess MacOS is only seeing one card though, Let's see if I can get it working properly!

OK weird, incase anyone was wondering or experiencing the same issues, I honestly don't know what I did differently but I went through the whole procedure one more time and Sierra finally installed, all the time running the AMD Pro Duo, the card is showing up as AMD R9XXX with a Device ID of 7300 which is the same as the Nano, which makes sense as the Pro Duo is 2xNano on one card, I guess MacOS is only seeing one card though, Let's see if I can get it working properly!
Hi I have had the same trying to install sierra kept rebooting for no reason as well I will try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back