Contribute
Register

Clover Reboot Loop? (Booting in to Installer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
CPU
Intel Core i5-4570S
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570S
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

I'm trying to get El Cap up & running on my G5 hack, but I've hit a brick wall. I CANNOT for the life of me get the installer booting. I get stuck at this point (see pic) EVERY. TIME. There's literally no progress whatsoever. It starts doing its thing then instantly cuts out & reboots. I've tried going through Tony's tutorial, and I've also installed Clover manually. Both methods spew out the same message.

This machine was working perfectly in Yosemite w/ Chameleon, FYI.

I'm at my wit's end at this point. Any help would be massively appreciated.

IMG_3834.jpg

i have the exact problem on my pro book G1 640, was about to create a post and saw this

hopefully someone knows why

(Possible) Solution: After days of failed attempts I've managed to get El Cap running. It's all a blur to be honest, but if I remember correctly I installed Clover with legacy support (through Unibeast), then restored my BIOS settings, ripped all of my other drives out, disabled VT-d, onboard graphics installed & booted Clover via legacy (not UEFI). With the boot flags kext-dev-mode=1, npci=0x2000, -v & -no-zp I managed to get the installer going. It's odd that on a UEFI based H81 board I'm having to run Clover through legacy but ****, I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back