CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ugg.. So I was planning on upgrading to Big Sur from Catalina (latest version build) and I went to use clover configurator and updated the clover build though the system. This installed 5135 and now when I boot it goes for about 4 seconds and then reboots and this continues over and over.

Trying the recovery partition also does the same.

I managed to take a screenshot but it was so freaking fast..

Bottom line says in memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced 15296 **

I have attached my config.plist (removed serial etc..)

I have tried to create a bootable catalina usb drive by installing catalina on usb and installed clover builds. I have tried a few but when I boot off of that I also get the same type of result.

Any thoughts? My data is still there just freaking need to figure out how to get this to boot now :/

Attachments

• IMG_3397.jpg
    IMG_3397.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 93
  • config-mac.plist
    7 KB · Views: 83
Ugg.. So I was planning on upgrading to Big Sur from Catalina (latest version build) and I went to use clover configurator and updated the clover build though the system. This installed 5135 and now when I boot it goes for about 4 seconds and then reboots and this continues over and over.

Trying the recovery partition also does the same.

I managed to take a screenshot but it was so freaking fast..

Bottom line says in memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced 15296 **

I have attached my config.plist (removed serial etc..)

I have tried to create a bootable catalina usb drive by installing catalina on usb and installed clover builds. I have tried a few but when I boot off of that I also get the same type of result.

Any thoughts? My data is still there just freaking need to figure out how to get this to boot now :/
because clover can't work with latest versions of macOS, they need to add in OpenCore elements, also config.plist needs to have the opencore elements for it to work correctly

either go back to previous version of clover

or add in the elements needed to your current config.plist

or migrate to OpenCore (better choice)

adding log files..
because clover can't work with latest versions of macOS, they need to add in OpenCore elements, also config.plist needs to have the opencore elements for it to work correctly

either go back to previous version of clover

or add in the elements needed to your current config.plist

or migrate to OpenCore (better choice)
Grrrr.. ok.. for the time being can you point me to what I need to add to the config.plist so I can at least get back up for now.. I'll have to look at open core once im back and see how to migrate..

Thanks for your response

Check your kexts, you have FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext which both do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 18.57.39.png

Check your kexts, you have FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext which both do the same job and are mutually exclusive.

View attachment 519450
yea that slipped in, but still no dice.. I cant find what changes to make to my plist for the latest clover shiz.. :/

I cant find what changes to make to my plist for the latest clover shiz
Try the forum Search tool.

Example :

What version of clover did you have before updating?
Also did you back up your EFI partition?
If not well time to rethink your methods.

BTW for me I have Clover 5133 works fine with Big Sur.
For drivers I have:
BIOS/
/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
/FSInject.efi
/XhciDxe.efi
UEFI/
/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
/FSInject.efi
/HfsPlus.efi
/OpenRuntime.efi

Then KEXT the bare minmun you need is either VirtualSMC or FakeSMC

Try the forum Search tool.

Example :

I appreciate the search and I did that, however that thread started in 2019 and only has one post in 2021 which doesn't even talk about the changes from 5122 to 5135 that where done so its not helpful unfortunately.

What version of clover did you have before updating?
Also did you back up your EFI partition?
If not well time to rethink your methods.

BTW for me I have Clover 5133 works fine with Big Sur.
For drivers I have:
BIOS/
/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
/FSInject.efi
/XhciDxe.efi
UEFI/
/ApfsDriverLoader.efi
/FSInject.efi
/HfsPlus.efi
/OpenRuntime.efi

Then KEXT the bare minmun you need is either VirtualSMC or FakeSMC
I had 5122.. I do have a backup and copied the files over but still having that issue so not 100% sure. I was camping the last few days so going to look into it a bit more. I think it has something to do with OpenRuntime and Quirks Settings. Not sure quite yet what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back