i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the following build:

and never really had an issue until now. I updated all kext to the lastest version and clover from 5122 to 5126 and the computer didnt boot anymore. I enabled verbose mode and got this:

Image_.jpg

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I reverted back to version 5122 and I can boot agin.

Consider moving on to Opencore.

Hello, I have the same problem. With Opencore also the same error.
Till now version 5122 everything worked normal :(

EDIT: Hey, I solved it by downloading cloverV2-5126 and used sample-config.plist, edited with my SMBIOS and little stuff, pasted in my boot EFI and it works as before :)

Last edited:
I am also having issues going from 5122 to 5126. For several versions now, I can't update Clover directly on my boot drive (it gives a warning about being incompatible, then it says update failed), so I have to install the new version on a USB boot drive then copy the EFI folder onto my main drive. This time, when I press the enter (or any) key on my keyboard, the whole thing freezes. Not sure if it has to do with the USB port mapping kext I have. I also saw on github that people are reporting the same issue:
https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/290

There was a suggested solution on there to replace AptioMemoryFix with QCQuirks, but it looks like I already have that.

EDIT: Hey, I solved it by downloading cloverV2-5126 and used sample-config.plist, edited with my SMBIOS and little stuff, pasted in my boot EFI and it works as before :)
Where did you get v2? I looked on the CloverHackyColor github page, and only see v5.1 r5126, which was uploaded a few weeks ago. Still unable to get to 5126 (and Big Sur because of that). My Clover freezes as soon as I push a button on my keyboard, doesn't even get to verbose mode to see what's happening.

Where did you get v2? I looked on the CloverHackyColor github page, and only see v5.1 r5126, which was uploaded a few weeks ago. Still unable to get to 5126 (and Big Sur because of that). My Clover freezes as soon as I push a button on my keyboard, doesn't even get to verbose mode to see what's happening.
I got it from here and you have "CloverV2-5126.zip" where you can find the sample. But also, you can check this.
But in my case, it didn't freeze, it wouldn't just boot. Try it and see how it goes...

Any chance we can see your final config.plist and the list of kext and device-drivers? So far I've failed miserably and getting tired of restoring the EFI partition :-D

Any chance we can see your final config.plist and the list of kext and device-drivers? So far I've failed miserably and getting tired of restoring the EFI partition :-D
Okay, here it goes. I am using the same settings since High Sierra with updated kexts. Hope it works for you, if not, try with OpenCore. I am thinking to move to OpenCore, eventhou it doesn't boot. So, when I get some more time, I'll try harder, cuz with OC I see people are very satisfied.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.6 MB · Views: 83
The last stable version of Clover is 5119, but it will work only with Catalina and below. Current Clover is buggy rubbish and it is almost dead. Don't waste your time on it, just move to OpenCore setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back