Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'v tried upgrading from 10.11.6 to 10.12 on a Fusion drive by downloaded AppStore installer. Updated Clover to r3763 before running the installer. After restarting, there is no installer option in Clover boot manager. Selected the old entry of 10.11.6 but it can't boot anymore. Looks like Clover still has a lot of work to do to be good with Sierra.

I'v tried upgrading from 10.11.6 to 10.12 on a Fusion drive by downloaded AppStore installer. Updated Clover to r3763 before running the installer. After restarting, there is no installer option in Clover boot manager. Selected the old entry of 10.11.6 but it can't boot anymore. Looks like Clover still has a lot of work to do to be good with Sierra.
Well, a lot of people including myself have a perfect build with the same clover and Sierra, so its definitely working. If you upgraded the OS, you would still need to boot into it using a USB with Sierra and clover 3763 on it because your existing installation has the older version of clover and it doesn't work with it. make sure that you are booting from correct EFI.

I have a similar problem. Before installing 10.12 I just wanted to upgrade cover from v3320 to v3763. Now MacOS 10.11 doesn't but anymore. Luckily I have only upgraded the EFI portion on my second hard disc. So I can still boot using the old cover.
I'm also using a fusion drive. It seems to boot, however after a while it just reboots.
I have tried many things:
- I have installed the kext into ../CLOVER/kexts/Other the newest versions of my "Clover"-Kexts.
- added boot-option -v (verbose)
- Then I have disabled them by renaming "Other" to "Other.not".

During the verbose boot I can see that it hangs after loading / patching the Broadcom Bluetooth or WIFI.
Here are just two screen shots (real ones, taken with my SLR camera.
DSC_1132.jpg

From my point of view there is a high chance that under some conditions Clover v3763 has some bug or is more picky
about some pre-requests (like some small errors in the config file).
And here is the second screen shot.
DSC_1139.jpg

I just have tried to start not from a fusion drive but from a plain vanilla hard disk. It didn't change anything. Cover 3763 is still not booting my macos installations.

Well, a lot of people including myself have a perfect build with the same clover and Sierra, so its definitely working. If you upgraded the OS, you would still need to boot into it using a USB with Sierra and clover 3763 on it because your existing installation has the older version of clover and it doesn't work with it. make sure that you are booting from correct EFI.

To clarify, my 10.11.6 WAS booted by Clover r3763. But after very 1st part of Sierra installation and restarting, under r3763, Boot Installer option to no show!

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. Before installing 10.12 I just wanted to upgrade cover from v3320 to v3763. Now MacOS 10.11 doesn't but anymore. Luckily I have only upgraded the EFI portion on my second hard disc. So I can still boot using the old cover.
I'm also using a fusion drive. It seems to boot, however after a while it just reboots.
I have tried many things:
- I have installed the kext into ../CLOVER/kexts/Other the newest versions of my "Clover"-Kexts.
- added boot-option -v (verbose)
- Then I have disabled them by renaming "Other" to "Other.not".

During the verbose boot I can see that it hangs after loading / patching the Broadcom Bluetooth or WIFI.
Here are just two screen shots (real ones, taken with my SLR camera.
View attachment 212146

Hi,

In your case, did you boot 10.11 from your Fusion Drive and run Sierra installer on it? If so, any Boot Installer option after restarting?

Hi,
In your case, did you boot 10.11 from your Fusion Drive and run Sierra installer on it? If so, any Boot Installer option after restarting?
No, as a first step I just want to update Clover to the newest version. After the newest version of Clover is functioning properly I will do the second step.

No, as a first step I just want to update Clover to the newest version. After the newest version of Clover is functioning properly I will do the second step.

Newest version of Clover has issues. Make sure that (inject EDID) isn't checked.

To clarify, my 10.11.6 WAS booted by Clover r3763. But after very 1st part of Sierra installation and restarting, under r3763, Boot Installer option to no show!
What do you mean by "Boot Installer option to no show!" ? Is it just the Clover boot screen / selection?

My Clover boot screen shows up and I can select the harddrive, from which MacOSX is booted from. It aborts during Macos booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back