Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5750G
CPU
i7 2630QM
Graphics
GT 540M + HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Managed to install 10.10 with no problems by injecting kexts at start up and using flag "kext-dev-mode=1".
I migrated from a time machine back up on 10.9 and then installed FakeSMC etc. I rebuilt caches and permissions also.
Now the boot processes is stopping and crashing with an error message on "PTID sensors: started" and I can't seem to find anything about it, not sure if maybe it is something to do with FakeSMC??

Managed to install 10.10 with no problems by injecting kexts at start up and using flag "kext-dev-mode=1".
I migrated from a time machine back up on 10.9 and then installed FakeSMC etc. I rebuilt caches and permissions also.
Now the boot processes is stopping and crashing with an error message on "PTID sensors: started" and I can't seem to find anything about it, not sure if maybe it is something to do with FakeSMC??

"PTID sensors: started" is not an error.

Post a photo of your crash.

"PTID sensors: started" is not an error.

Post a photo of your crash.
Ok I don't have a photo but I can describe in detail.

PTID is the last thing that is loaded in verbose and it stalls here, then it waits about 2 mins and the screen goes from verbose output to mixed code that is messed/mixed together, then an error shows up just like the photo I have attached but with the black screen underneath for the verbose output.
I've tried safe mode, single user, kext-dev-mode=1.
My normal boot flags are npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 slide=0.

http://jgronvall.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/photo_9.jpg?w=640&h=478

Ok I don't have a photo but I can describe in detail.

PTID is the last thing that is loaded in verbose and it stalls here, then it waits about 2 mins and the screen goes from verbose output to mixed code that is messed/mixed together, then an error shows up just like the photo I have attached but with the black screen underneath for the verbose output.
I've tried safe mode, single user, kext-dev-mode=1.
My normal boot flags are npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 slide=0.

http://jgronvall.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/photo_9.jpg?w=640&h=478

Boot verbose and show photo. The last message is almost never the most important.

Ok I will do. I have just updated to the latest Clover, and I'm just reinstalling 10.10 again.

Seems to be working ok for the moment, I installed FakeSMC with no plugins. But have to use 'kext-dev-mode=1' of course.
Will let you know if anything else changes.

Boot verbose and show photo. The last message is almost never the most important.

Similar issue, but with 10.11.3. The USB's bootloader works, but the laptop's doesn't. PTIDSensors is the last line, but here's a picture:

IMG_3070.jpg

Similar issue, but with 10.11.3. The USB's bootloader works, but the laptop's doesn't. PTIDSensors is the last line, but here's a picture:

Make sure your EFI/Clover on HDD is the same as on USB.

Got it to work. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back