Contribute
Register

Clover patch for external display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah strange... But yeah this solution is even better for Clover, since you can have different patches for different resolutions... My patch was to make one universal kext, but that is not relevant for Clover.
Thx for the heads up, I knew there was a change from 10.8.5 -> 10.9, but didn't know about the 10.9.1 -> 10.9.2. I will check later, because I am a bit curious what Apple changed.
Your patch still works with 10.9.2, it's lucky that you use {} bit mask instead of real values.

same result, vanilla kext, no patch added to clover, HDMI including audio works (display port if that makes any difference)
Is your display low-res?

Your patch still works with 10.9.2, it's lucky that you use {} bit mask instead of real values.
Well, that was my goal, I spend a few hours around perl forums to figure that command out. So was a bit more then luck :D.
It's mine
I will test it tomorrow and report my result.
Nice work, BTW i was talking about your tool not about this patches in that instance :p.

Then as i said in my previous post you do not need any patches, since you have a DP connector and use the 03 port configuration table.

Then as i said in my previous post you do not need any patches, since you have a DP connector and use the 03 port configuration table.

LOL, I forgot that Elitebook does not have HDMI port, only DP.

ok, bonus for me then lol (apart from the fact DP is poo compared to HDMI in regards to max cable lengths, and needing to under scan on a 1080p screen boo!! )

cheers :)
Well, idk about that, but on the plus side you can use 2560 by 1440 pixels displays. Personally I find that way more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back