Contribute
Register

Clover patch for external display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I did nothing, just bought a docking station that fits:

OK. You implied that there was some sort of fix involved in making the hardware work when you wrote "I resolved this btw.", but I'm sure the extra information regarding the specific docking station will be found useful by those with similar hardware.

I resolved this btw. using a dock that provides DP, HDMI and DVI as well as additional HD bay for backups and other nice extensions. Good investment so far, this notebook has really great value and usability.

Closing/opening lid and dual monitor mode works too - great!

Hi Edd1024,
Yeah, I agree with Rehabman. If you could please share a little bit more info on how you got the external display to work! :thumbup:
I'm trying to get a monitor (or possibly 2) to work on my ZBook right now. I've got the standard docking station (not the extended one) and so far no luck.
Just wondering: Which monitor ports are working on the dock? All or one particular one?
Also: how does your config.plist look like? What ig-platform-id are you using? Any other patches?

Thanks so much!

I have tried to recreate my config.plist and use FakePCIID.kext without success. Whenever i use the kext, I lose CI/QE.

Always read carefully...

It is because you have patches in your config.plist that conflict with FakePCIID.

It is covered in the guide:
Note: Remove any existing patches to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics and libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib before taking the below steps, including kext patches through Clover.
A backup of libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib should exist in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib.bak

I have also tried to patch the DSDT and SSDTs from scratch without success.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

If you haven't been able to patch your files, where did the contents of CLOVER/ACPI/patched come from?

Please have quick look at my files.

You have the the 0105 patch in your config.plist, but it is disabled.

Always read carefully...

It is because you have patches in your config.plist that conflict with FakePCIID.

It is covered in the guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html
I have removed all patches and re-installed FakePCIID.kext and it is booting with CI/QE but still freezing on HDMI

If you haven't been able to patch your files, where did the contents of CLOVER/ACPI/patched come from?

I meant to say that re-patching DSDT and SSDTs did not make a difference.

You have the the 0105 patch in your config.plist, but it is disabled.
I removed this patch completely and all others to FramebufferAzul and IntelGraphics5000. No Success!

I removed this patch completely and all others to FramebufferAzul and IntelGraphics5000. No Success!

You should enable the patch for 0105 instead. Because your HDMI monitor could be connecting to that port.

Hi, after read your comment, I went to buy a 120W dock for my 640 G1, I too have problem connecting external monitor with DP, but with the dock attached, Yosemite still cannot detect my screen.

Would you please tell how did you install the system and if there is any specific step you had tried to make DP work for this laptop.

Thank you!!

Adrian

****DISREGARD FOR NOW****

So, Ive been fighting with the external display (DP display to my TV) on my 8460p/dock for a couple days now... and discovered that the DP and DVI are somehow turned on together, but it seems that the DVI port is what turns on the DP...

Im still testing this setup as I've just tonight discovered this (I could get VGA to work without problem... but the DP wouldn't work no matter what config i set until i plugged in a DVI to VGA adapter (without a VGA cable connected)...

The dock is p/n: VB041AA

Most recent config plist that i used was rehab's suggestion https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config (I am using HD3000 with 1366x768) (Same as the bundle downloaded from dropbox from http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html)

I am currently doing a clean install to test this theory and will pass on the information. (Also having issues with PBI and getting my onboard sound to work... needing to use multibeast to get my sound kexts loaded... and haven't fixed external sound quite yet...

I don't know if this all is too much or too little info, or if I'm missing something (I'm not a noob at this, but by no means am a pro either... I'm somewhere in the middle and only understand a little bit more than the rudimentary function of most of the parts :) )

hope this helps someone...

- EDIT #1 - Boot with Clover install USB, with DVI connector in, TV shows a picture in 1080p from the DP, laptop screen is blank. Remove DVI connector after install process begins, both laptop and tv display a picture.

- EDIT #2 - It seems that booting without the DVI will disable the DP after install begins. (removing it will allow both displays to function once it is initialized, keeping the DVI connected will keep the laptop display disabled.

- EDIT #3 - Looks like PBI disables the external display (at least thus far without messing with any patches)

- EDIT #4 - Disable the PBI VGA patch in clover, enable the PBI HDMI audio patch and everything seems to work (TV shows a display, laptop screen is blank... haven't yet overcome this)..
-MAJOR props to rehab for his dedication and work on this project as a whole...

****DISREGARD FOR NOW****

Last edited:
Any codes for HD4000 (1366x768) Yosemite for HDMI Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back