Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Trying to get Catalina installed on my new hackintosh and after booting "macOs from Install from USB" and once started the Apple logo appears with a progress bar that goes about halfway and then the screen goes black. I've attempted to "enter alternate boot modes such as verbose and safe mode (using both options selected at the same time and individually) by hitting spacebar" like the guide states and I'm still having no luck being able to have it go to the Catalina installer window. I've also triple checked to make sure the bios configuration matched the guide.

EFI file attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My setup:
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-core Processor
Motherboard - Gigabyte z390 AORUS Ultra atx LGA1151
Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16
Video Card - Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Nitro+

Attachments

• apple-boot.jpg
    apple-boot.jpg
    953.4 KB · Views: 56
  • EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Also having exact same issue......

Trying to get Catalina installed on my new hackintosh and after booting "macOs from Install from USB" and once started the Apple logo appears with a progress bar that goes about halfway and then the screen goes black. I've attempted to "enter alternate boot modes such as verbose and safe mode (using both options selected at the same time and individually) by hitting spacebar" like the guide states and I'm still having no luck being able to have it go to the Catalina installer window. I've also triple checked to make sure the bios configuration matched the guide.

EFI file attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My setup:
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-core Processor
Motherboard - Gigabyte z390 AORUS Ultra atx LGA1151
Memory - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16
Video Card - Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Nitro+
Are u tryn to install with the 5700 on? If yes take it out and install with the igpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back