1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Clover not loading GenericUSBXHCI.kext on GA-Z77-DS3H Yosemite

Hi All,
i successfully installed Yosemite 10.10 on Z77-DS3H motherboard,
everything is working great, but Clover seems not loading the GenericUSBXHCI.kext,
i have the kext on folder /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.10/
but when i type on terminal
Code:
[SIZE=3]kextstat | grep GenericUSBXHC*[/SIZE]

nothing shows up at all,
but if i disable the kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, (needed for P-States)
in this case Clover loads fine the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, so i get the USB 3.0 working,
any ideas on how to solve this issue, and make AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext to work with Clover?
Actually my GenericUSBXHCI.kext version is 1.2.8d7
and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext version is 4.0.0
and Clover i'm on revision 2953

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi All,
i successfully installed Yosemite 10.10 on Z77-DS3H motherboard,
everything is working great, but Clover seems not loading the GenericUSBXHCI.kext,
i have the kext on folder /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.10/
but when i type on terminal
Code:
[SIZE=3]kextstat | grep GenericUSBXHC*
nothing shows up at all,
but if i disable the kext [/SIZE]AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, (needed for P-States)
in this case Clover loads fine the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, so i get the USB 3.0 working,
any ideas on how to solve this issue, and make AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext to work with Clover?
Actually my GenericUSBXHCI.kext version is 1.2.8d7
and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext version is 4.0.0
and Clover i'm on revision 2953

Thanks in advance.

My version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext version is 1.2.8d9 from rehabman. Work fine

Thank for your reply mate,
but also with this version Clover doesn't load the GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
any other idea?

Actually Clover is loading the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but the USB3.0 port are not working,
i have tried different USB drives but none of them is being recognised,
on mavericks the work just fine,
i have tried all the versions of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but none of them is working,
actually i have version 1.2.8d9,
any idea guys,the strange is that sometimes the usb is being recognised but if i remove the drive, reboot and insert is on usb3.0 port again,it is not being recognised any more.:banghead:

Actually Clover is loading the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but the USB3.0 port are not working,
i have tried different USB drives but none of them is being recognised,
on mavericks the work just fine,
i have tried all the versions of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but none of them is working,
actually i have version 1.2.8d9,
any idea guys,the strange is that sometimes the usb is being recognised but if i remove the drive, reboot and insert is on usb3.0 port again,it is not being recognised any more.:banghead:

You need to use a build of 1.2.8d9 for Yosemite: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Note: Early days here... still may not work, but not all 1.2.8d9 versions were built for 10.10.

Got it working finally,
forced reset of cache kexts

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
[/FONT]
sudo reboot now

:lol:
Thanks for your help guys.

You need to use a build of 1.2.8d9 for Yosemite: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Note: Early days here... still may not work, but not all 1.2.8d9 versions were built for 10.10.

Hey Rehabman, thanks for all your hard work helping us use os x on pc hardware! Just wanted to let you know about an issue I'm having with your 1.2.8d9 kext. My usb 3.0 ports don't recognize when a thumb drive is inserted but my logitech transmitter works just fine. I've tried other versions and they don't work at all.

Hey Rehabman, thanks for all your hard work helping us use os x on pc hardware! Just wanted to let you know about an issue I'm having with your 1.2.8d9 kext. My usb 3.0 ports don't recognize when a thumb drive is inserted but my logitech transmitter works just fine. I've tried other versions and they don't work at all.

Try the 1.2.7 version for Yosemite in the latest Multibeast. May not work either, but...

GenericUSBXHCI.kext not working without reboot Yosemite

Hey rehabman i need your help. My usb 3.0 was working fine on mavericks. after updating to yosemite Everyting working perfectly except my usb 3.0. it does not detect thumb drive or any usb device.. but if i restart my laptop by connecting any usb device it detect and works perfectly.if i restart my laptop without connecting usb device and connect after start it does not detect.

Why USB 3.0 working only after restart and attached usb device?

I've installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.8d9. tried previous version too but same thing happens...

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back