CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620 (1366x768)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I installed the latest version of clover for Catalina and it tells me that the installation package is not compatible with macOs. What will be the problem?. Macos Catalina works 100% only clover fails to install it.
Help.

If it is refusing to install get later version of clover
5070 is out and stable
higher than 5000 did modify directory / folder layout for bios or uefi drivers
If you want fool proof way to update clover check out my clover update guide in catalina desktop support

Last edited:
5096 was released yesterday, people should keep their clover bootloader up to date, especially before installing new MacOS version. New macOS version may break compatibility even for regular app, and your bootloader is an important one. The new version may include the fixes for something that maybe be broken with new macOS version.

For UEFI system. if for some reason, Clover can't install into Mac volume due to security setting on the system, you can always install into a usb thumb drive and just copy the EFI folder to Mac's EFI partition.
Clover Bootloader only need EFI folder in the EFI partition with the right files and folder structure for it works, it doesn't need any file in OS volume, and you should try to keep it barebone when installing, For
me I only install the drivers that are really needed. Below is my working EFI folder, very minimal needed drivers and couple kexts. And This EFI folder don't have to on your MacOS drive, it can be on any bootable EFI partition on any drive you have on your system.

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 12.12.11 PM.png

no, use one from the downloads section above instead

I had no issues with RehabMan's version. In fact, that's how I installed Catalina on my laptop.

Edit: Interesting, someone modified my signature. Too much info? :confused:

The most recent one listed in the "Downloads" area is 4961 . . . which I'm currently using. Every time I go into the "boot" section of Hackintool it tells me that I should upgrade to the newest version, now 5099. However, if I try to do the upgrade I get the "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS." message and the upgrade fails.

So . . . do I really need to upgrade? The only problem I seem to have with 4961 is that the boot process (from Clover start until I see my boot drives) is really slow. The actual boot (when the apple logo appears until login screen) is as fast as ever.

The most recent one listed in the "Downloads" area is 4961 . . . which I'm currently using. Every time I go into the "boot" section of Hackintool it tells me that I should upgrade to the newest version, now 5099. However, if I try to do the upgrade I get the "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS." message and the upgrade fails.

So . . . do I really need to upgrade? The only problem I seem to have with 4961 is that the boot process (from Clover start until I see my boot drives) is really slow. The actual boot (when the apple logo appears until login screen) is as fast as ever.
make sure you haven't got debug=true or debug in boot aruguments

The only boot argument is dart=0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back