Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
I cannot for the life of me get Clover to boot windows 7 MBR install on second drive.
This computer had chimera working, but to get the iMessage issue working I installed Clover.
I installed following legacy install of clover on EFI part on the Mac 10.10.5 drive.
OS X boots fine. But clover will not boot windows 7.

The motherboard is an old D975XBX2 and is BIOS only.

I have tried boot0af and boot0ss. I have tried LegacyBiosDefault and PBR.
I have read tons of posts about MBR booting and tried many suggestions with no luck.
In clover selecting the windows 7 to boot, clover then shows a Legacy icon in the middle of a black screen and windows does not boot. I have to restart.

I have set custom legacy entries and clover does match up.

I asked on Clovers discussion area but no response.
http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/1726372/thread/de5873a0/

I even reinstalled windows 7 again because I originally set up with one partition. This time installed so there would be a system reserved part, but still did not boot.

Does anyone know how to get MBR Windows 7 to boot using Clover?

One post suggested in clover selecting Exit Clover and Windows would boot.
I tried exit clover and instead got a strange boot loader.
Selecting continue shows a black screen and nothing.

Is this screen part of clover? If not, what is it from?

cloverexit.jpg

max9000, I too have this problem and got the same screen when exiting Clover and wondered whether it was part of Clover of the BIOS. Unfortunately, Clover is still new to me and although the information on the Clover WiKi was useful, I still have a lot of questions and very few answers. Did you get this sorted, and if so, what did you do please?

I finally found a solution which I documented in post #7 on this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/174198-help-booting-windows-10-clover-uefi.html

For Windows 7 it required files from a Windows 8 or 10 installation, but it is possible, although it then boots from Clover using UEFI. Once you have this set up, you can also clear up the legacy entries in Clover by using Clover Configurator. Under the GUI section there is a 'Scan' heading. By default its set to 'Auto=Yes'. If you change it to Custom and then check Entries and Tools only but leave Legacy unchecked, the next time you boot, the original legacy entries will no longer be shown.

One post suggested in clover selecting Exit Clover and Windows would boot.
I tried exit clover and instead got a strange boot loader.
Selecting continue shows a black screen and nothing.

Is this screen part of clover? If not, what is it from?

View attachment 156663
Hello Max9000, I have same as your error. Do you have fixed this error? Please tell me what I do? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back