CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
K2000, K4000, R9 270x, W5000 & others
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a single HDD system and need to multi boot. Clover needed for El Capitan and not UEFI as the machine is elderly.

So we are needing Clover Legacy.

I need to boot 5 OS:

Windows (needs a Primary partition)
OSX El Capitan (needs a primary?)
Ubuntu (doesnt need a primary)
AROS (uses Grub to boot but partitions are custom, no need for primary)
Android and/or RemixOS (think they use Linux partitions, no need for primary)

So, wondering which to install first and also what partition layout. I am guessing I need
Primary - Win
Primary - EFI (OSX needs this even for legacy boot)
Extended Partition with
Secondary - Ubuntu
Secondary - AROS
Secondary - Android

Does that make ANY sense to any experts, like Going Bald?

For OS X, Windows and Ubuntu see http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-for-the-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.18658/

Substitute Clover Legacy for Chimera/Chameleon and UniBeast El Capitan USB for iBoot and Snow Leopard DVD, use the current installation procedure for El Capitan/UniBeast on Legacy hardware.

Have Clover Legacy install BootSS if dual booting Windows - suggest installing Clover in OS X root - do not select install in ESP.

Not sure about AROS and Android - might work might not. Do you have an open ODD bay in your case?
If yes, suggest using https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00475DQ6Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 and multiple drives rather than trying to cram all of that on one drive (check the selection box - there are multiple versions of the hotswap bay- I use a 3.5" + 2.5" and a double 2.5" in my Cosmos case).
You are really are asking for :banghead::banghead: when it comes time to update any of your OSs.

Thanks..now answer this.. You registered 6 years ago.. are you bald yet? ;)

Thanks..now answer this.. You registered 6 years ago.. are you bald yet? ;)
Not totally. Pattern baldness is strange. Top crown of head went bald - looks almost like a monk's tonsure.
Then receding hairline over temples started and has now reached the main balding circle. Looks so strange I just run haircutting clippers over it and keep it very short.

I know your pain... keep it at number zero myself... ;)

I have a single HDD system ... Clover needed for El Capitan and not UEFI. I need to boot 5 OS...

If you can install Android X86 or ReMix you probably have the expertise to compile kernels and as such you may not have too much trouble making EFI/GRUB2 boot loaders work seamlessly. (I never had that success with Android X86 or ReMix OS.) So the usual problem of Ubuntu overwriting the Windows boot loader may not present too much of a problem. What may be a problem is Android's 9 partitions, so you may want to install that last - provided that you know that it may break Boot Manager, EFI boot loader and/or GRUB2.

When playing with other OSes I keep them on separate HDDs; it's why I bought an Antec case that allows me to install 6 HDDs. Since you're working with Legacy I presume that the HDD is 2TB or less due to the MBR limitation. If it's a 1TB drive then you're talking about 200GB per OS. That may be too little, especially if you're going to have the same data on all OSes due to formatting (EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, HFS+, FAT32, etc.) limitations. I would probably go with about 500MB for the boot loader /boot manager partition.

Even if you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-bootmgr-move-c-easybcd.html you will probably have three Primary partitions, with the 3rd Primary Partition having the GRUB2 boot manager/loader and three Extended Partitions for the Linux based distros. Good luck with LVM if you don't want static sized Linux partitions (which again, may be a problem in Android)...

http://forums.justlinux.com/showthr...nstall-and-boot-145-operating-systems-in-a-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back