Contribute
Register

Clover Intel HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well, I've tried everything, including using a DSDT and adding the patch you suggested with no luck. The DSDT loads fine and compiled correctly. About to give up at this point :\ I tried using the DSDT with the edit you suggest without adding the Intel FakeID and the system will boot and incorrectly identify an HD 2000. Using the DSDT with your patch and adding the FakeID you suggested produces the same garbled screen during boot that I've seen before.

See post #20.

Alright, tried your new DSDT patch and now the graphics card won't even detect as an HD 2000... it just says "Graphics 3MB" and no kext is loaded...

Excellent idea–– I think I'll do this on my own, thanks for all your help!

Excellent idea–– I think I'll do this on my own, thanks for all your help!

Well, yeah, the idea was to show ioreg in both scenarios so I can compare. Reply when you have the files.

Ah I meant that I'll compare and see if I can fix on my own. Thanks again!

Did anyone ever got this fixed?

I've got exactly the same issue as the original poster (jonisign). I think it must be related to the iMac12,2 SMBIOS profile in Clover. if I use it, the second screen on my HD3000 freezes and scrambles(the adapter itself gets recognized as HD3000 oke). If I use the same config.plist, but with MacBook values instead of iMac12,2 everything works 100% (HD3000 and ATI 6870) on both screens.

It would really help me, I need to spoof my Hackintosh with the values from my iMac to prevent iMessage issues.

Rene

Never mind,

Got it to work by injecting the code below in dsdt.aml and enable in Clover:

Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,snb-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Never mind,

Got it to work by injecting the code below in dsdt.aml and enable in Clover:

Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,snb-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

I have very similar config, using Yosemite and switching from Chimera to Clover. My config is:
Mobo: GA Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU: 2500K (Sandybridge, i5, Intel HD3000)

I am able to boot legacy with Chimera and Intel HD3000 is great. It's been a looong time since I generate a DSDT and patched it. Do I need a complete DSDT to use with clover, or just an inject of the important part posted by ReneKnaake ? Does Darwindumper create an appropriate DSDT to start with ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back