Z87X-OC
CPU
i5-4690K OC 4.4 Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hi.
I was trying to fix some AirPlay issue (mostly lags when video sharing) by changing my system definition from mp 3,1 to mp 4,1
I'm using clover and El Capitan.
But since I made this change I have a kernel panic and can't find a way to rollback my system definition to 3.1.
Any advice?
I can t mount EFI partition in safe mode so I don't know how how to deal with it...
Would be great if someone could point me the way out of this :)

hi.
I was trying to fix some AirPlay issue (mostly lags when video sharing) by changing my system definition from mp 3,1 to mp 4,1
I'm using clover and El Capitan.
But since I made this change I have a kernel panic and can't find a way to rollback my system definition to 3.1.
Any advice?
I can t mount EFI partition in safe mode so I don't know how how to deal with it...
Would be great if someone could point me the way out of this :)

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

The KP is probably because you used a MacPro4,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,

In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart and boot without caches.

Hi, Thanks for the quick fix! It worked!
I've updated my profile, here's my build:

Core i5-4690K - 3,5Ghz (3,4-3,9)
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 C9
EVGA GeForce GTX 760
SSD SAMSUNG 250Go
Asus Black 16X DVD
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Exp

Do you have any suggestion on what should be my system definition?
Only MP 3,1 is working with airplay, but with low framerate/delay
It used to work with iMac 14,1 but now every time I start airplay my computer crashes.

Maybe I should open another thread...

Thanks again P1LGRIM you were a life saver here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back