Contribute
Register

Clover: How to boot from a backup config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks (10.9.2)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I made some changes to my config.plist recently. As always, I made a backup first. The backup is located in the same folder and is simply named config_backupX.plist (where X is the backup number).

Unfortunately, I have no boot options now. But that's fine, I have my backup!

So at the Clover boot screen, I go to Options>Configs and select one of my backups. But... then what? I expected that once I selected that backup and returned to the Clover boot screen, I'd be seeing what I had before. Nope.

So, maybe I need to restart? I gave that a try. Nope.

What am I missing? After selecting the backup, how do I actually get Clover to actually load and use it?

-----

Update 1: I managed to restore everything by booting directly into my Windows drive, mounting the EFI partition, and restoring the backup. But I'd still like to know how to make Clover boot from a desired config.plist backup. I can't figure out what I'm overlooking.

Last edited:
Clover screen - Boot options - One of the menus has "configs" as a sub menu - in that sub menu you can select the plist to use as a replacement for the default config.plist once selected you just carry on without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back