Graphics
EVGA GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED] Clover Hide a Partition (that isn't)?

Just build a new system, and clover has been kicking my ass. I got more time in trying to configure it, than it took me to install and configure/update both OS's.

Anyway, here's my setup, 2 SSD drives, one containing OS X Yosemite and the other Win 8.1. Both were installed EFI without the other drive connected at the time of install. Clover and the boot EFI i'm using is on the mac drive (i think). I was able to reduce the several options on the clover boot/select screen and got it down to 3 choices, what I want to do is get it down to two. I have used the Hide command to remove the entries I didn't want. Right now I have:

(i want to hide this entry)-------------->Boot Windows from EFI
Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI
Boot Mac OS

I want to hide/remove the "Boot Windows from EFI" entry. However, when I hit the space bar it only shows (Boot Windows) and lists no volumes to hide. If I hide the "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI" Volume, both "Boot Windows from EFI" and "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI" are hidden and I'm only left with the mac option.

Im lost and my OCD will not let this rest, andy help would be appreciated.

heres what diskutil shows:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Yosemite 255.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk1
1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 314.6 MB disk1s1
2: EFI NO NAME 104.9 MB disk1s2
3: Microsoft Reserved 134.2 MB disk1s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data Windows 255.5 GB disk1s4

SOLVED,

Apparently it was scanning for legacy.

All I did to fix it was to search for scan in config.plist,

Below <key>Legacy</key>

I removed <string>First</string> and replaced it with </false>

now it no longer shows up, hope this saves someone some time.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 300
  • config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Im in the same boat same setup... I found a thread that says you should use clover configurator, but it does not tell how. I have 4 partitions that need to be hidden before i can even get to the boot OS X and the boot win 8 follows... this is a real hassle. Anyone? a good tutorial would be much appreciated
:banghead:

THANK YOU!

I was about to give up! This was especially important to me, because my system is running headless (no monitor or keyboard attached, remote access only).

So, whenever I needed Windows to run on the machine, I normally booted into Mac OS X (Clover default option), then in Mac OS X I'd go to Preferences Pane and selected the Windows drive under Startvolume and restarted.

To return to Mac OS X I simply restarted the PC from within Windows. This worked, as under Clover the Startvolume selection from within Mac is only valid for the next boot.

With the none working "Boot Windows from EFI" entry (didn't boot into Windows but caused a hang) this wasn't possible anymore, as Clover would always pick the none working option instead of the correctly working "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI" option.

Now, that the "Boot Windows from EFI" entry is gone, everything is back to work and life is good again!

THANK YOU AGAIN!

SOLVED,

Apparently it was scanning for legacy.

All I did to fix it was to search for scan in config.plist,

Below <key>Legacy</key>

I removed <string>First</string> and replaced it with </false>

now it no longer shows up, hope this saves someone some time.

Hi

I have exactly same issue and I did what you suggested but it only change unwanted partition position to last of three instead of first of three.

Could you share your working config file please?

Hi

I have exactly same issue and I did what you suggested but it only change unwanted partition position to last of three instead of first of three.

Could you share your working config file please?

I tried the same thing and the unwanted partition moved to the end of the list as well. Did you ever find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back