Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your using web drivers this HDMIAudio.kext only seem to work with 343.01.02f01 driver
with 343.02.01f01 driver HDMI audio is broken.

Has anyone found a work around for the broken HDMI audio in web drivers? I am running 10.10.2 with 343.02.02f01.

Hi,

Thank you for the shared. I work on Gigabyte GTX660OC + NEC EA224WMI

thanks again.

mine was working all of sudden disappeared in sound settings hdmi dont know why?

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure this out. I tried making sense of the numerous HDMI audio guides here and found them non functional or too hard to follow.

I stumbled across this promising looking old link.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1499797

I followed the directions, re-booted and..... Nothing, still no audio.

After a bit of thought about the previous guide I decided to try the following on a whim.

1. Download package located here http://patrovic.com/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg
2. Mount HDMIAudiooo-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition, you may need to use Clover Configurator to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10
4. Reboot

There you have it, a simple file copy.
After the reboot I had working HDMI Audio.
This may be common knowledge but I hope this helps someone else.

do not work for me :( 10.10.1 HD7750 with VoodooHDA

Has anyone found a work around for the broken HDMI audio in web drivers? I am running 10.10.2 with 343.02.02f01.

It is not working on my end.

I also have WebDriver-343.02.02f01 and OS X 10.10.2

would you please answer two questions?

1) I would like to know if you have tried with nvda_drv=0, is HDMI not working at all with or without the Nvidia driver?

2) Has this Kext worked for you before?

Dudes!

This was easy! I want to give my thanks to ok1ok1 finding this and to barsuk for also finding probably the easiest solution get HDMI working. I was nearly a wreck when I had found all instruction, files (and the time it took to get AppleHDA.kext!!) and tools, when I saw this post. Used the install sh in the http://patrovic.com/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg and reboots and suddenly you got several outputs in the Sound Preferences, which inludes HDMI audio output. Next step is to get the system fonts increased in Yosemite :ugeek:

Hackintoshed PC:

MB: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD6400
Some memory
Samsung SSD
Blu-ray reader

Thanks again and br

m.

It is not working on my end.

I also have WebDriver-343.02.02f01 and OS X 10.10.2

would you please answer two questions?

1) I would like to know if you have tried with nvda_drv=0, is HDMI not working at all with or without the Nvidia driver?

2) Has this Kext worked for you before?

It's still not working with WebDriver 343.02.02f01. So if you ever updated to 10.10.2 it's too late. If you're still on 10.10.1 you can downgrade your web driver version.

For all guys running 10.10.2, wait for an update of this awesome kext, hopefully it will support the latest web driver version soon :)

How do we know there is a new kext even coming? Is there something we can do to speed up this development? I'd be willing to do research in whatever way necessary if that will help. I just don't know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back