Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I also upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra and found that I had lost hdmi audio having used this kext solution successfully on el cap.

I finally got this working again on Sierra though. After having put the kext in "Other" and nothing happening I cleared the Clover config.plist from any AppleHDA related kext patches. I had some stuff in there related to previous os x releases, and clearing that up made the hdmi output appear again after reboot!

Thanks for the tip, may have to add that to the OP.

Thank you very very much!!!
Finally, I can use my HDMI Audio!!!

I am using sierra 10.12.4 and the hdmi audio from the nvidia GT710 doesnt work with this kext. Any suggestions?

I have disabled Realtek audio. I use GTX 1070 HDMI out for audio.

and did you follow the same steps to do it?

1. Download package located here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248599/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg
2. Mount HDMIAudio-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
4. Reboot. (x2) Clover may hang on the initial boot attempt, if so a restart of the computer should have you up and running.
I have 1070gtx and i need hdmi audio =(

Try using v1.1 of that kext located in my post here

I have done exactly the above steps you mentioned. Nothing more. Also make sure you have proper working GPU acceleration to get HDMI to work. This means enabling Nvidia Web Driver under System Parameters of Clover Configurator.

I have ASUS GTX 1070 Founder's Edition card to be exact. Display Port audio detected on all 3 DP ports and HDMI detected on 1 HDMI port. So 4 ports are working on my card with v1.1 HDMIAudio.kext

Also make sure if you have not installed VoodooHDA kext as it may conflict with HDMIAudio.kext. If installed, remove it from S/L/E or Clover/Kexts/Other

Does to you HDMI Audio over HDMI work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back