Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess I'm some kind of idiot or something because after using this really slick method for getting my HDMI/DisplayPort audio to work... and it worked like a charm... I went and tried to get my motherboard's audio ports to work.

And now no audio, aside from my Logitech USB headphone adapter, will work.

I installed a VooDoo 2.8 something or other as others said it worked for them. And I've tried to remove all of it, and redo this easy HDMI patch, but nothing happens.

Does anybody know of a way to find which files the voodoo thing played with?

So I guess I'm some kind of idiot or something because after using this really slick method for getting my HDMI/DisplayPort audio to work... and it worked like a charm... I went and tried to get my motherboard's audio ports to work.

And now no audio, aside from my Logitech USB headphone adapter, will work.

I installed a VooDoo 2.8 something or other as others said it worked for them. And I've tried to remove all of it, and redo this easy HDMI patch, but nothing happens.

Does anybody know of a way to find which files the voodoo thing played with?

I just reinstalled everything in order to fix another issue. Fixed this issue at the same time. Worked like a charm! And I'm not even slightly tempted to get the audio jacks working... hahahah.

Heres the terminal method when you've actually mounted the file.

cd /Volumes/HDMIAudio

./install.sh

Type your pass, hit enter, wait, close the terminal, and then reboot.

I can confirm this works for the 760. :thumbup:

R9 390 Sapphire Nitro OC not Working :(

El Capitan 10.11.5

Z77 EXTREME 4

Last edited:
Thank you! Great solution, after spending hours trying another method that never worked for me, this one worked on the first try, the only thing I did different from the guide was using the v1.1 of the kext.

GTX 960. Worked like a charm!

Works fine on my GTX 970 on 10.11.5 , is there a way to control the volume?

Works fine on my GTX 970 on 10.11.5 , is there a way to control the volume?
Yep, links to tools for doing this are in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back