Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open config.plist in Clover Configurator

I have... what section is it under?

Edit: Actually, just rechecked all the sections, its under boot.

Did it enable HDMI audio?

Nope :(. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

tnx mate :) !
Sierra + evga 950sc + lg43ud79

This worked beautifully! A pleasant surprise when dealing with the usual tedium associated with customac driver issues and whatnot. Thank you very much!

Updated 10/16/2016 to reflect a small installation change to regain HDMI audio functionality in Sierra . This solution will work in Sierra as well as several previous versions of MacOS. Keep in mind that I didn't create the tools I only figured out how to use them. Credit for the kext goes to andrejkw at macrumors. Your mileage may vary but this is the easiest solution I've found. It has worked for many others. Definitely worth a try.

1. Download package located here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hay1m0rec93vvo/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg?dl=0
2. Mount HDMIAudio-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
4. Reboot. (x2) Clover may hang on the initial boot attempt, if so a restart of the computer should have you up and running.

There you have it, a simple file copy.
After the reboot I had working HDMI Audio.
Hopefully this helps someone else.

If you're confused there is a quick rundown in this video.
*the video was for a previous version of MacOS. Make note of the kext folder in this updated guide!

*Don't forget to select the proper output! System Preferences/Sound/output or hold the Option key while clicking volume icon.

So now you have HDMI audio, but what about volume control? OSX doesn't support volume control of HDMI devices natively. Use one of the utilities below to enable it.
Audio Hijack
Sound Siphon

Hello,

How has this changed if anything using High Sierra and an AMD RX580?
Are the procedures the same?
Thanks

Hello,

How has this changed if anything using High Sierra and an AMD RX580?
Are the procedures the same?
Thanks

No change. Still working with the latest High Sierra release 10.13.2.

Doesn't work with macOS 10.13.2, EVGA 1080 SC

PS: Windows partition works out of the box

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a la(s) 11.48.32.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a la(s) 11.48.32.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 304
Updated 10/16/2016 to reflect a small installation change to regain HDMI audio functionality in Sierra . This solution will work in Sierra as well as several previous versions of MacOS. Keep in mind that I didn't create the tools I only figured out how to use them. Credit for the kext goes to andrejkw at macrumors. Your mileage may vary but this is the easiest solution I've found. It has worked for many others. Definitely worth a try.

1. Download package located here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hay1m0rec93vvo/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg?dl=0
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
4. Reboot. (x2) Clover may hang on the initial boot attempt, if so a restart of the computer should have you up and running.

*the video was for a previous version of MacOS. Make note of the kext folder in this updated guide!

*Don't forget to select the proper output! System Preferences/Sound/output or hold the Option key while clicking volume icon.

So now you have HDMI audio, but what about volume control? OSX doesn't support volume control of HDMI devices natively. Use one of the utilities below to enable it.
Audio Hijack
Sound Siphon

Audio Hijack
Sound Siphon

I had HDMI audio working on Sierra, but after upgrading to High Sierra it no longer works. I tried this procedure, but audio is still NOT working for me. I don't see any output devices (System Preferences->Sound->Output).

I have the HDMI going from my Samsung TV/Monitor connected to the HDMI port on my graphics card (Asus/Nvdia GTX 950).

Hi,
I'm running audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command, but all I get is message "Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled". Nothing is downloading, nothing is installing. After reboot there is still no DP or HDMI audio. Any solution to that?

Attachments

• Dane wyjściowe Terminala.txt
    870 bytes · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back