Graphics
Intel® HD graphics 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Sierra using clover uefi method, installed smoothly without any problem. When the installer finished, restarting my laptop and come into boot menu, clover didn't list my internal drive partition I just installed, onlly show usb partition for the installer.

I'm using latest clover installer for usb install and check on bios my internal hdd still there, the only problem is clover didn't adding it into boot menu.

Same issue here...

My NVMe SSD is listed but the SATA SSD (where I installed MacOS on) not. After booting the installer, that SSD is detected fine. Just Clover does not. Additionally I saw that the EFI partition has a strange format. I cannot access it on Windows with diskpart but on MacOS installer I can.

EliteBook 820 G3
i5-6200
SanDisk SSD on SATA
Samsung SSD on NVMe

Actually I just miss understanding, there's no problem regarding clover boot listing my internal hard drive. It mention here at post #2 :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The difference installation process on 10.12

There's two phase of installation, first one the installer will verifying and copy installer files into internal drive for next step of installation, this happen because I use 'createinstall media' method.
The second need to boot again on installation drive, this time installation process will continue to complete the installation process.

Same issue here...

My NVMe SSD is listed but the SATA SSD (where I installed MacOS on) not. After booting the installer, that SSD is detected fine. Just Clover does not. Additionally I saw that the EFI partition has a strange format. I cannot access it on Windows with diskpart but on MacOS installer I can.

EliteBook 820 G3
i5-6200
SanDisk SSD on SATA
Samsung SSD on NVMe

If you're booting Clover from a different disk than the SATA SSD, I'm guessing you made the mistake of enabling "fast boot" in BIOS.

If you're booting Clover from a different disk than the SATA SSD, I'm guessing you made the mistake of enabling "fast boot" in BIOS.

No, fastboot is not enabled.

My problem is not that the system boots from a different drive or whatever. The problem is that in Clover my SATA SSD is just not visible. It is visible in MacOS installer and in Windows 10. Even if I remove the NVMe drive it stays invisible. But I have no idea why.

I cannot find any BIOS setting that would indicate this.

No, fastboot is not enabled.

My problem is not that the system boots from a different drive or whatever. The problem is that in Clover my SATA SSD is just not visible. It is visible in MacOS installer and in Windows 10. Even if I remove the NVMe drive it stays invisible. But I have no idea why.

I cannot find any BIOS setting that would indicate this.

It could be that there is no macOS installed image on the SSD.
Or the Clover you're booting from is not new enough to recognize the macOS installed image.
Or BIOS is not enumerating the device.
Or the volume on that SSD is corrupt.
Refer to your Clover preboot.log for more information (EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log is created by pressing F2 in Clover)

i have the sames problem, after that the first phase of install is complete my hackintosh reboot and than in clover not show Install MacOS and so i don't can make finish the installation

It could be that there is no macOS installed image on the SSD.
Or the Clover you're booting from is not new enough to recognize the macOS installed image.
Or BIOS is not enumerating the device.
Or the volume on that SSD is corrupt.
Refer to your Clover preboot.log for more information (EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log is created by pressing F2 in Clover)

Thank you for your advices.

I looked into the preboot.log and Clover finds the Volume, but does not detect it as bootable. But I do not get why. I reinstalled macOS the third time now with no luck. I do not get it.

Maybe I am missing somehting, or I am just stupid? ;-)

Attachments

• preboot.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 246
I looked into the preboot.log and Clover finds the Volume, but does not detect it as bootable. But I do not get why. I reinstalled macOS the third time now with no luck. I do not get it.
Code:
0:115  0:000  ** Warning: unknown custom entry Type 'Other'
Code:
0:842  0:000  - [02]: 'Install macOS Sierra'
0:843  0:000          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Install macOS Sierra
0:843  0:000      Not match custom entry 0: Type: not match
A custom entry is matching on the volume? Type should be 'OSXInstaller' or 'OSX'... The installation is incomplete. While installing use a temporary config.plist

Scan -> True
Remove custom entries

Last edited:
Code:
0:115  0:000  ** Warning: unknown custom entry Type 'Other'
Code:
0:842  0:000  - [02]: 'Install macOS Sierra'
0:843  0:000          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Install macOS Sierra
0:843  0:000      Not match custom entry 0: Type: not match
A custom entry is matching on the volume? Type should be 'OSXInstaller' or 'OSX'... The installation is incomplete. While installing use a temporary config.plist

Scan -> True
Remove custom entries

Thanks for the try, but I found the issue... :mad:

It was the installer. I created it with "createinstallmedia" method. This time I created it with UniBeast and now Clover detects my drive... (Same config.plist) :lol:

But now I try to solve my "still waiting for root device" issue... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back