Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Clover_Logo.jpg
Yosemite 10.10.02 MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | i5-4460 | Asus Strix GTX 960

Silent Beast

Hello Tonymacx86 Community,

Here is my guide for the clover install. I wanted to create this because I ran into a few issue and felt others could benefit from this. I am not as experienced as a lot of others, so be nice! I can get you up and running all the way with a few minor things that I myself can live without.

Working:
Graphics: On-board / Dedicated
Quick boot
Ethernet
Sound: 50% Explained later
Sleep

Note Working:
iMessage
Sound: I lose sound after sleep and still can not find an issue. Boot time is very fast so no real worry there
Wifi- I do not have a wifi card. So no difference to me.
Graphics card Temps. I believe the 960 still is not compatible in the sensors part.
UEFI boot, not entirely sure on this.

I don't know why but when I go into my Bios I can not see the Custom OS in the boot order. I have to manually select after pushing F11 and it will then show up. This could be because I have Windows installed. I think that is why it will not see the Clover boot loader.

First Follow the guide here to create your Clover UEFI boot stick. (my base config list is attached if you have issues)

With that done. You will see EFI and your Install Yosemite USB stick. Download the ZIPPED folder attached Called INCASE.zip, and unzip it into the root of The Install Yosemite USB NOT EFI! This is for if Ethernet does not work you have a way to get it working. ALWAYS think ahead. Plan and make sure you have a solution to what if this happens. Also if you ever need to Reload this install everything you need is backed up to the USB Stick.
Second Change your BIOS to: (Click Here for more info)

1. Load Optimized Defaults
2. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/CFG Lock to Disabled
3. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/VT-d to Disabled
4. Save configuration and reset

Follow the GUIDE EXACTLY. IF after you get this done and you find a lot of issues after changing the Bios around there is something you missed.

1 big issue I had was that I forgot HFSplus.efi into my DriversUEFI64 folder. Also if any other issues please make sure CFG lock is DISABLED.

One you have got to the installer, make sure that when it reboots, You select Install Yosemite again, This is because Clover makes a Recover Partition just like a natural mac does. After the Second Install it will reboot. This time boot to Mac OS X. to get into the OS.

Go through setup as normal.

Once you get in you SHOULD have internet via your Ethernet port. If not on your USB we placed a folder called INCASE, for the Just in case folder. This should have KEXT Utility and any Kext you may need to load AFTER you install Yosemite so you can get up and running.

Drag the INCASE folder to your desktop.

Double Click INCASE folder and navigate to /Kext Open "Kext Utility" Type your Password and DRAG from that same /Kext Folder the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to the kext Utility window. Once that is complete. DO NOT RESTART just yet.

Navigate to INCASE/Clover Stuff and open "EFI Mounter-v2" Enter password and mount your EFI partition from your Installation HardDrive. This will allow you to move my config list to the boot folder for clover to figure out what is what.

• Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*from the /INCASE/Kext folder
  • Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext from the /INCASE/Kext folder
  • Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext from the /INCASE/Kext folder
  • Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi from the /INCASE/Kext folder

After this is complete. YOU SHOULD be able to boot up. Restart and Attempt to boot from your hard drive with out the USB stick in the computer.

If all is good move on. If not try to boot with -x and see if you can double check the guide or post the spot you stop at from Verbose mode. So I and others can help you.

AUDIO:

Navigate to /INCASE/Kexts/Script for Audio by Toleda and double click "audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command"
Do the following in Order:

• Password:
  • Clover/Legacy(y/n): Y
  • Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): Y
  • Use Audio ID: x (y/n):N
  • Choose Audio ID: 1
  • Restart
  • Verify ALC onboard audio
  • System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device

If this does not work: please try it again. after your restart. If still does not work go here, and follow the OP and see if you can report and get help.

Once that is done, everything but Graphics should be working. Install the Web Package in /INCASE/NVIDIA WebDrivers and make SURE you add nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.

Easiest way to do this is using Clover Configurator.

Navigate to /INCASE/Clover Stuff/ "Clover Configurator" then MOUNT EFI

Then go to FILE and Import Configuration. Select config.plist from your boot partitions clover folder and it will allow you to config it.

GO to boot in the Left navigation bar. And check nvda_drv=1 this will add it to the config.plist

Go to File And Save to save changed. then go to Graphics in the Navigation bar and select Graphics
UN-CHECK Inject Intel. Save once again and you should be able to start and have no issues.

If you do some how have any issue, Please attempt to list all Specs of your build, also What you were doing, what your trying to accomplish, and also if it is a booting issue take a picture with your phone. WITH NO FLASH and not blurry so everyone can help.

Thank you to Tonymac for the original Clover guide, I copied some of your stuff onto my guide and I want you to have credit. As well as Toleda, thank you very much for your help as well and credit goes to you for your script! Anyone else I forget please let me know and ill add it.

Also Advice to make the guide better is always welcome!

Attached File Via Google Drive: Click Here

I've just got a HTPC gaming build up and running with a MSI Z97M (the m-atx version) and a GTX 960 with Yosemite.

Overall it was pretty painless.

I am using clover and so far just kexts (no dsdt edits).

On board devices:
The E2200 ethernet kext that can be found in Multibeast works perfectly.
The Toleda sound terminal command mentioned by the OP works perfectly. I am using SPdif out to my digital amp and Plex DD and DTS passthrough is working perfectly.
Haven't bothered trying onboard GPU

Extra devices:
GTX 960 works fantastically with Nvidia drivers. Ensure nv_drv=1 and clover is not injecting nvidia.
Dlink wifi card works
Rocketraid 2720 works providing the two included Highpoint kexts are removed from the system and rr272x_1x.kext is used with clover.

Not working:
Sleep! The system goes into sleep perfectly. It wakes via power button but then resets as soon as the screen comes back up.
Memory is reported as 1333 even though it is 1600.
HDMI audio onboard or GTX 960.
Occasionally clover doesn't show my startup disk.
Occasionally after the apple logo a O with a strike in it shows and I need to reboot. Losing the startup disk half way through boot perhaps?

Next step:
Obviously sleep is important as it would be good to keep the HTPC powered on at all times and use sleep to save on power consumption when the box isn't being used.
DSDT edits would be good. Its been awhile since I did this on an old X58-UD5 so I am totally in the dark on where to start now.

Thank you so much for the Clover update
I just want to confirm some points:

1/ In creating the USB, we select only EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and PartitionDxe-64 in section Drivers64UEFI right?

2/ We create the USB exactly like this right?
107990d1413731609-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover-clover-3.png
Then when we get in the OS, we use this setting (use only OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and Install RC Scripts on target volume)
108009d1413735003-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover-clover-11.png

3/ I see there is flag -f in your config. Do I keep that permanently?

4/ Do I need to reformat the EFI partition to FAT32 like the tony's clover guide?
Thanks

Thank you so much for the Clover update
I just want to confirm some points:

1/ In creating the USB, we select only EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and PartitionDxe-64 in section Drivers64UEFI right?

2/ We create the USB exactly like this right?
View attachment 131551
Then when we get in the OS, we use this setting (use only OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and Install RC Scripts on target volume)
View attachment 131552

3/ I see there is flag -f in your config. Do I keep that permanently?

4/ Do I need to reformat the EFI partition to FAT32 like the tony's clover guide?
Thanks

1. Correct you also need to download HFSPlus.efi and copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and remove VBoxHfs-64.efi
  2. CORRECT on both parts
  3. I am not entirely sure if it is neccessary, you can always remove it and see if it does any bad stuff if so. Go to options on boot sreen youll see bootflags hit enter to edit the flags and then replace -f. and then add it to config when you get back to the desktop.
  4. Correct you should if you did not that is okay, just get back into the desktop reformat that EFI partition. Us EFI Mounter to see it and format it to fat32, just follow that POST INSTALLATION part in tonys guide.
Sorry for the long wait. I have been busy.

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 229
  1. Correct you also need to download HFSPlus.efi and copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and remove VBoxHfs-64.efi
I will remove the file. I left it there because in tony's guide, he did't mention about it in post installation.

Will report back if having any issue.
Thanks

Edit: Should we have any file in folder "drivers32UEFI" by the way?
I now have FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OSXAptioFixDrv-64.efi,and OSXFatBinaryDrv-64.efi in folder "drivers64UEFI"
FSInject-32.efi, OSXFatBinaryDrv-32.efi, VBoxHfs-32.efi in folder "drivers32UEFI"

I will remove the file. I left it there because in tony's guide, he did't mention about it in post installation.

Will report back if having any issue.
Thanks

Edit: Should we have any file in folder "drivers32UEFI" by the way?
I now have FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OSXAptioFixDrv-64.efi,and OSXFatBinaryDrv-64.efi in folder "drivers64UEFI"
FSInject-32.efi, OSXFatBinaryDrv-32.efi, VBoxHfs-32.efi in folder "drivers32UEFI"

It automatically dies thus no reason to reset. I hope your install went well and your up and running. appologise I have not been on much

It automatically dies thus no reason to reset. I hope your install went well and your up and running. appologise I have not been on much
Hi, glad to hear from you. Hope things go well over there.
Sorry but I am not quite understand what you mean by resetting?
I am not sure if those files are in the right location or not but my build "seems" to be ok.
Of the 8 USB 3 ports in the back, there are some weirdness with 2 ports. Sometimes plugging the same USB 3 HDD, it recognizes as USB 3 one time and USB 2 in another time. If when the system recognizes as USB 2, I unplug and replug, the HDD now recognized as USB 3.
I can confirm it is recognized as USB 2 by the speed when copying files.

Hi, glad to hear from you. Hope things go well over there.
Sorry but I am not quite understand what you mean by resetting?
I am not sure if those files are in the right location or not but my build "seems" to be ok.
Of the 8 USB 3 ports in the back, there are some weirdness with 2 ports. Sometimes plugging the same USB 3 HDD, it recognizes as USB 3 one time and USB 2 in another time. If when the system recognizes as USB 2, I unplug and replug, the HDD now recognized as USB 3.
I can confirm it is recognized as USB 2 by the speed when copying files.

I meant no reason to copy any files there, We are working with the 64 folder, if you mount your Main HD's EFI PARTITION you will see FSInject-32.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-32.efi and VBoxHfs-32.efi. That was placed there by the clover install. Do not touch them, I doubt anything would happen if you deleted them. but I have them and there is no issue. I have not noticed any difference in write speed, but I have no 3.0 drives beside 1 External HD which copies very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back