i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is the Issue i'm having on my X58A system in my Sig.....

Once i reach the GUI i only see my Test Yosemite HD & Recovery.
:arrow: http://postimg.org/image/g3yqa5mjb/

When i choose Exit Clover i see a quick b1f initL (or summ along those lines) then a Blinking cursor at the Top left then it comes back to the GUI then i see my Other HD's, Chameleon (Mavericks & Snow Leopard) and (Snow Leopard Without any Booloader files)
:arrow: http://postimg.org/image/rrss4pbo7/

If i choose exit again i go into a Grey screen with options to add/change boot file & orders etc but it does nothing next time i reboot.

What I've tried without success....
1.All variations of Boot0 (af/ss), also the option to not update any MBR/PBR sectors
2.Adding custom entries (UUID's, also tried specifying boot file)
3.Create a USB with Only Clover Installed
4.Tried BiosBlockIO
5.Boot options Legacy/PBRtest/PBR
6.Disable Quick Boot
7.Change Physical Sata Ports

The Only thing that seems to get it to read all my HD's is If i Format the test USB to MBR ( FDisk_partition_scheme ) but then i'll have to Change my OS HD's to MBR as well but i'm not quite sure if that's a good idea cause isn't it suppose to be GUID ? I could just use the USB to Boot from but i don't want that either so i'm stuck.I'll like to get some feed back plz.....Bless

Attached is Boot/Pre-boot logs.PS.I have the same thread at Insanely but so far no luck only views........Bless

1.View attachment Normal GUI preboot.log.txt
2.View attachment Normal GUI bootlog.log.txt
3.View attachment Exit GUI preboot.log.txt
4.View attachment Exit GUI bootlog.log.txt

There is no UEFI BIOS for the X58A platform at all, therefore trying not to boot from MBR/PBR is an excercise in futility.
Use the Legacy settings for installing Clover to your test USB.

I get that there is no UEFI and i'm using Legacy unless i'm totally misunderstanding exactly what is meant by Legacy.Also why is it when i exit do i come back to the GUI with the desired HD options ?

As stated
The Only thing that seems to get it to read all my HD's is If i Format the test USB to MBR ( FDisk_partition_scheme ) but then i'll have to Change my OS HD's to MBR as well but i'm not quite sure if that's a good idea cause isn't it suppose to be GUID ? I could just use the USB to Boot from but i don't want that either so i'm stuck

Any more input is welcomed.......Bless

The Only thing that seems to get it to read all my HD's is If i Format the test USB to MBR ( FDisk_partition_scheme ) but then i'll have to Change my OS HD's to MBR as well but i'm not quite sure if that's a good idea cause isn't it suppose to be GUID ? I could just use the USB to Boot from but i don't want that either so i'm stuck.

What worked for me on the GA-X58A-UD7

1. Create Clover USB per the guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

2. Install OS X on HDD formatted GUID / OS X Extended (Journaled)

3. Install Clover with the Legacy selections in the Guide. (Custom Install: BIOS-Only Systems)
Use UniBeast to install FakeSMC, network and audio kexts, copy my DSDT to /Extra and pare the config.plist down to the bare minimum, removing everything I don't absolutely need. For config.plist you can use the Standard one attached at the end of the guide or whichever gfx edited one you need depending on your GPU.

The Fix for my set up was to Delete EFI/BOOT and it works as it should now.Thanks to alexanderq over at IM :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back