CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, first post here so please correct me if I can do anything better with my posting!im having trouble even getting to the installer of El capitan on my new hackintosh build. I can boot from a unibeast created usb fine and clover loads fine but when I select OS X from the menu in order to install it, the screen instantly goes black and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have tried numerous boot flags. When I use verbose mode all that comes up on screen is a line of plus signs!I have an i7-4790k,and MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard.Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, I'm very new to all this!EDIT:problem solved now, I took the USB I had created with UniBeast 6.0.1 (Make sure you're NOT using UniBeast 6.1) and installed the official clover package to it (you can find the download link in Tonymacx86's main install guide). After doing this I was able to boot the installer fine!

Clover goes straight to black screen after selecting OS X installer

I have this also. The Apple installer just does not come up. Clover loads ok from the USB stick. Have reset Bios to optimised (Giga Uefi Z77-UD5H). Unibeast 6.1. Tried different usb sticks 16gb and 32 gb, and will try more. Changed USB slot also. Also trying to re-download El Capitan installer from App Store to see if that helps. As you have found booting with verbatim -v brings up a series of + signs and then stops. Any other ideas?

I have this also. The Apple installer just does not come up. Clover loads ok from the USB stick. Have reset Bios to optimised (Giga Uefi Z77-UD5H). Unibeast 6.1. Tried different usb sticks 16gb and 32 gb, and will try more. Changed USB slot also. Also trying to re-download El Capitan installer from App Store to see if that helps. As you have found booting with verbatim -v brings up a series of + signs and then stops. Any other ideas?

Solved for me: Clover goes straight to black screen after selecting OS X installer

Turns out the version of unibest I was using (6.1) got pulled since I downloaded it on Thursday. Reverted to 6.0.1 via Downloads and have now been able to launch Apple installer (at least seeing Apple logo and a loading bar, fingers crossed:shh:

Thank you!!

I have spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out.

I had been getting somewhere a few days ago with a different (non-approved) motherboard but I kept running into problems further down the line. So I splashed out on a new motherboard and started the process from scratch which included downloading the latest Unibeast (very 6.1) and it was like I had taken a step back.

I just downloaded 6.0.1 and everything is on track again!!

Hmm yes so yesterday after posting this I read that the 6.1 version got pulled and proceeded to retry using 6.0.1. Now it does show something with the -v flag but still seems to freeze. All that comes up is:

sxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

Any ideas?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back