GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 5670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I've been trying to set-up Clover on a USB stick to boot my 10.8.2 GA-Z68XP-UD3 system with GA's UEFI BIOS, in order to restore iMessage and Facetime connectivity. I've been following the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/84047-imessage-wont-work.html. Although there's a lot of information scattered throughout the thread on getting up and running with Clover, the information on getting a system with UEFI Bios is somewhat sparse.

I have followed many steps to boot into OS X using Clover and none have succeeded. Here is what I have tried (note, I am using the HFSPlus.efi posted in the above thread in all these steps and the attached config.plist):

Method 1.) Clover installed using UEFI method from the "Custom Install" screen.

Results: The system will boot into Clover and the ML partition is visible. When I try booting ML, the grey screen with an apple comes up and hangs. No progress wheel appears under the apple. If I boot with "-v" I don't see any information on my screen, just a black screen. I have tried toggling the "Graphics Injector" flag from "No" to "Yes" with no change. My original Chameleon setup has Graphics Enabler set to "No" for my ATI card.

Method 2.) Clover installed using the BIOS boot0hfs install from "Custom Install" screen.

Results: The system will boot into Clover and the ML partition is visible. When I try booting ML, the screen goes black with no additional activity. The "-v" flag will not display any information.

Method 3.) Clover installed using the BIOS boot0 install.

Results: Same as 2.

I'll add that I am not using any SSD drives and my HD is attached to an Intel SATA 3.0 port. I've tried a few other things like: including a DSDT.aml for the F13 Bios, changing the mac identification to other models which are sandy bridge based and including appropriate SN's from the chameleon utility. My USB stick is FAT32 with MBR partitioned.

I am continuing to review various posts and the Clover documentation, but has anyone had success with this particular motherboard and UEFI Bios combination? If so, what I am missing?

Thanks,
-jmj

Attachments

• config.plist
    928 bytes · Views: 467
Have you tried toggling GraphicsInjector settings with method 2 and 3? To get mine to work I did the standard install with Clover, no additional options selected, and then switched GraphicsInjector on otherwise the monitor goes to energy save mode after boot selection.

Your suggestion did not work. Do you have the above motherboard with the GA UEFI Bios? Not sure my case is that my monitor is going into sleep mode when it's goes black. By "black" I mean, blank...but the back light is still on and the display does not seem go into any power saving mode. Also, there is no disk activity in these states. If I hit the esc key, I will be dropped back int Clover (but unable to use the keyboard/mouse, i.e., as though it crashed).

No I have a Z77X, but just thought it might be the same problem.
Might be worth doing a fresh install, making sure to replace all kexts with new ones, but that's a pain. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.

I have exactly the same board and I managed to make it work, although what I did is not very stable and I still have some problem with Clover, but iMessage work!

my suggestions for now - you should try to make it work/boot from USB stick first before you move Clover to the harddrive.

Now, please check what you have in drivers64UEFI folder, and make sure the only files you have there are:
-CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
-DataHubDxe-64.efi
-FSInject-64.efi
-HFSPlus.efi <------ this one is not installed by Clover, you have to put it there manually
-OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
-OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
-PartitionDxe-64.efi

Then, add "slide=0" for ML boot to the config file to boot-args. In your case - you can replace "npci=0x2000" with "slide=0"

Let me know how it goes.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back