Contribute
Register

Clover: Frequently Asked Questions

Looks like this thread never accomplished the idea of a basic F.A.Q.. but I would have one ;-)

- how does Clover select the actual config.plist when you are choosing from several boot disks? Sometimes I have the impression that I am selecting a boot disk HD1 but the config.plist comes from HD2...? Also the default boot HD (which is activated after the countdown in the Cover GUI) seems to be random, whatever you specifiy in the config file.

I have a working Hackintosh with clover and would like to do dual boot with Linux mint is there a guide to help with that?
Thanks
Alan

Below are Clover instructions that do not work - there is no "Boot Args" option when hitting the space bar - just a list of pre-configured boot options and no place to enter enter boot flags manually.

How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover
To boot OS X with common alternative boot options such as Verbose Mode, Safe Mode, Single User Mode, and Without Caches, simply hit spacebar on the Clover Boot Screen.

For testing, you can enter alternate flags at boot time as follows:

1. At Clover Boot Screen click/highlight Options and hit Enter
2. Highlight Boot Args: and hit Enter
3. Move arrow keys to end of line, type desired flag, and hit Enter
4. Press Escape to return to the initial Clover Boot Screen

1. At Clover Boot Screen click/highlight Options and hit Enter

Looks like this thread never accomplished the idea of a basic F.A.Q.. but I would have one ;-)

- how does Clover select the actual config.plist when you are choosing from several boot disks? Sometimes I have the impression that I am selecting a boot disk HD1 but the config.plist comes from HD2...? Also the default boot HD (which is activated after the countdown in the Cover GUI) seems to be random, whatever you specifiy in the config file.

In addition to this old question (never got an answer :( I also wonder about different versions of clover on different boot disks: which one is chosen? When I try for example a Sierra USB Installer Stick will the Clover version on that stick be used? I am not so sure as when I am selecting the stick from the Boot GUI Clover is of course already running - which one?

Back