Contribute
Register

Clover: Frequently Asked Questions

I able to boot Yosemite with Clover however as i installed windows 8 earlier in separate HD(should be in legacy mode), Booting windows from F12 BIOS works fine, but i can't boot windows with clover... Anyone can help me to solve this problem? As i had my setting and installation of softwares in my windows, if possible i don't wish to reinstall UEFI windows...

You should probably look over your Legacy settings in config.plist.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

You should probably look over your Legacy settings in config.plist.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

Thanks for sharing RehabMan. Sorry i really not good at coding, my current Legacy String show "PBR". Is "LegacyBiosDefault" suits me? I should change the string to "PBR" or Should I put "PBR LegacyBiosDefault"?

Sorry for so many questions! Appreciate your help.

Thanks for sharing RehabMan. Sorry i really not good at coding, my current Legacy String show "PBR". Is "LegacyBiosDefault" suits me? I should change the string to "PBR" or Should I put "PBR LegacyBiosDefault"?

Sorry for so many questions! Appreciate your help.

I don't use legacy boot, so I'm not familiar with the options (moved everything to UEFI). You'll have to read the documentation and experiment.

I don't use legacy boot, so I'm not familiar with the options (moved everything to UEFI). You'll have to read the documentation and experiment.

Thanks RehabMan! I did it, change "PBR" to "LegacyBiosDefault" and it works like charm! Now i can fully concentrate on work :) Cheers!

Is there some reason why my GeekBench scores are about 3300 points less when I use Clover (vs Chameleon/MultiBeast? )

Is there some reason why my GeekBench scores are about 3300 points less when I use Clover (vs Chameleon/MultiBeast? )

BoomR, did you check whether is your ram display correctly? Mine is display 1333 ram but actual ram i installed is 1866... Do you have any idea how to solve this?

BoomR, did you check whether is your ram display correctly? Mine is display 1333 ram but actual ram i installed is 1866... Do you have any idea how to solve this?

I will check that - but I'm completely new to Clover, so have no idea on how to rectify this as well. I **think** there is a page in Clover Configurator where you can specify your CPU name/type/speed, etc. I'm away from my system now, but maybe you can check to see if there are also some parameters you can set to correct that.

Having said that, My DDR is DDR4 2666/PCI4-2133 - and while in the UEFI/BIOS it shows that it's set to run at 2666, in my About This Mac, it shows only as 2133. So this may not be completely unusual....??

I will check that - but I'm completely new to Clover, so have no idea on how to rectify this as well. I **think** there is a page in Clover Configurator where you can specify your CPU name/type/speed, etc. I'm away from my system now, but maybe you can check to see if there are also some parameters you can set to correct that.

Having said that, My DDR is DDR4 2666/PCI4-2133 - and while in the UEFI/BIOS it shows that it's set to run at 2666, in my About This Mac, it shows only as 2133. So this may not be completely unusual....??

I see, in your case it might not be a ram proble. I tried with windows with XMP disable, the benchmark score was lower than with XMP enable. When i was using chimera, my ram showed 1866 but in clover my ram showed 1333. this is why i thought your benchmark low due to the switch from Chimera to clover due to the ram... i will try out with clover config to figure out my ram then... thanks!

In config boot section:

<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>1</string>

Please post config.plist.

Back