Contribute
Register

Clover: Frequently Asked Questions

still playin with clover works nice on my h55 build(gigabyte)
not so on my asus x58 though? still playing....:D

might be time to retire the asus board for windows use only i still cant get it to boot osx
curiosly it does boot with a "distro"unnamed to thwart deletion....still problematic at best..
i always purchase software legally,but i had to try:shh:..

Thats strange I run a sabertooth x58 board and have had no issues booting with chameleon.

i hear u my x58 ran great for some time then when i put latest update on wouldn't boot
i have no time to fiddle with it so its windows 7 on that for now.
i know these boards are troublesome at best to get going,been down that road with 10.6.8 10.7 and 10.8

im just going to get a z77 build going soon i5 or i7 not sure yet and its going to me a gigabyte board

I've spent several days trying to understand clover. I'm buying parts for a new build and pretty much going with the custo mac pro parts entirely from the builds recommended on this site. I can't for the life of me come to an understanding of what benefits clover actually has. Even in this section and links to "guides" and "faqs" I'm failing to see the benefits. I'm sure there are benefits, I'd just like some where I can read something that explains it to someone like me who has been doing hackintoshes since 10.4 and only used chameleon based bootloaders.

I don't really want to just do a blanket install that appears to work best on the surface, I'd like to have power management/speedstep and cuda support in applications. I don't really care about sleep. Does anyone have a resource that's start to finish explaining how clover works, it's benefits and an understandable guide to someone who hasn't ever tried it before?

Hey Tony, would Clover work fine with my build?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H revision 1.1
GFX: GTX 660 (connected to display via HDMI)
Processor: i3-3210

Back