Contribute
Register

[CLOVER] EFI Partition Un-Mounts Upon Reboot. Can't load Config-plist and so the "Nvda_Drv=1" comman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Clover (And Preferences) Ignore The "nvda_drv01" Command

(UPDATED)

Installed 10.11.1, everything fine, smooth performance, graphics card shown in "About My Mac", but clover simply ignores my nvda_drv01 command and sets the choosen video driver to the OS X standard one.
If i try to do that with OS X preferences it prompts me to restart, but upon restart it's the same situation.
Any ideas?

Hardware
- Intel it4790K 4.0 GHz
- Mac OS X 10.10.1
- Nvidia GTX 980
- 32 GB G.Skill 2133MHz
- MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (Bios configured following the guide in the site)

Thanks a lot :) [/spoiler]

Once that is put into config, you shouldn't need to mount EFI again. the conflict will read fine during boot. use clover configurator. mount EFI partition. edit the correct config file (it'll find 3 of them so ensure it's correct one in top of directory). Go to the boot args, check in nvidia, make sure you SAVE config and done. There should be no need to mount EFI again after this. It will persist through boots.

Also, since clover has very mac like nvram. if you don't want to put it in config at all, that's fine too. Just enable nvidia driver in control panel and it'll be saved as an nvram variable instead, then it'll behave mac like without forcing it into config. if it's in config file then it will use web driver REGARDLESS of what's in nvram, unless of course you override boot args at startup.

you almost never want to configure clover config by hand, use clover configurator app.

Now everything works (Animations, double screen, video card showing in "about my mac" ecc...)
The only problem is that, even though i have the command "nvda_drv=1" command in config.plist, the computer is always set to work with the standard OS X driver.
If i change that in the preferences, upon restart the situation is the same.
Any suggestions?
Other than that the computer actually works like it's using the nvidia driver... i don't know.

Now everything works (Animations, double screen, video card showing in "about my mac" ecc...)
The only problem is that, even though i have the command "nvda_drv=1" command in config.plist, the computer is always set to work with the standard OS X driver.
If i change that in the preferences, upon restart the situation is the same.
Any suggestions?
Other than that the computer actually works like it's using the nvidia driver... i don't know.

You're absolutely sure the nvda_drv=1 flag is in config.plist? And you mounted the correct EFI partition and saved the correct clover.plist file? You're not booting off your unibeast USB are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back