Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 4540s
CPU
i5 2450
Graphics
HD 3000
Please share your ideas or experiences.

I would like to enable UEFI, however I'm afraid that I will lock myself out of the computer and unable to enter BIOS again without removing CMOS battery.

I can boot ProBook 4530s quite fast from Clover USB flash drive, but I get WiFi on second reboot. I build Clover using CloverGrowerPro. With Chimera everything works. Clover boots my GA-77X-DS3H, too.

It seems quite interesting.
From the hype it seems that it's possible to ignore the bios (if i've read it right) and possibly use the 2nd GPU.
I'm installing it onto a USB drive for testing.

It has many features, some of which I think may be useful!

Main features:

- boot into 10.4 - 10.8 OSX, Windows EFI and Linux EFI
- boot into LegacyOS (WindowsXP, Linux, DOS) by their bootsectors
- this is EFI bootloader so it provides RuntimeServices for OS that impossible for Legacy Bootloaders
*- mostly Clover do automatic detection of hardware and set all properties by default. But user can change them by config.plist*
- With Clover you may restart into other OS from Startup Disk prefPane
- With Clover you boot your OS X's Recovery HD, impossible for others bootloaders
- config autodetect by OEM product name
- UUID written into config.plist will be the same as in OS
- autopatch OemDSDT for working OSX
- SMBIOS will be corrected to standard 2.6
- ACPI will be corrected to standard 4.0. Custom DSDT will be loaded from booted partition or from EFI folder
- MADT table may be corrected to resolve problem with NMI on some hardware
- ACPI tables loading (SSDT-xx, APIC, BOOT, SLIC, SLIT, SRAT, UEFI...)
- correctly set PowerProfile for laptops (notebooks), desktops, workstations
- customizable RestartFix
- sleep/wake fixes
- PCIRootUID value (0,1) for device-injection for those who can't edit DSDT
*- Graphics Properties Injector for ATI, NVidia and Intel for wide range of supported cards. Also customizable.*
*- Custom EDID for non-DDC monitors*
- USB fix (LegacyOff, Ownership, Builtin, clock-id) up to USB 3.0
- HDA injector, HDMI fix.
- Ethernet builtin injector
- CPU turbo
- P- and C-states generator
- PLimitDict and UnderVoltage for CPU Speedstep
- patch kernel on the fly for unsupported CPU like Atom and Ivy Bridge
- Patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for native Speedstep (Intel Processor) of ASUS ownwers
- patch kexts inside kernelcache for unsupported hardware
- extra kexts loading
- security mode for FireWire
- default boot after timeout
- customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, animations.
- there is a possibility to implement national languages and fonts. F1 - multilingual help
- saving boot.log in OS and preboot.log from GUI by typing F2
- save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
- test DSDT patching with F5
- save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
- saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
- CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion

asrock pro3 rev 1.90 patched no need for nullcpumanagement. oc tweaker all auto except pll overvoltage disable only needed for oc 4.7ghz or higher.advanced all enabled except intel virtualization technology.primary graphics set to onboard.shared memery 64mb.render standby disabled.deep render standby disabled.storage. sata mode selection ahci.intel rapid start technology set to immediately.super io config disable serial port.infrared port disabled.acpi left alone.usb config all enabled.network left alone.no dvd rom.retail install via usb 3.0 install esd.2nd flash drive clover bootloader.sleep working perfect.usb rear usb 2.0 ports cause sleep issues use front only or 3.0 using usb audio. this should get you going in the right direction.edit only needed kext. fakesmc via efi/clover/kexts in 10.80 folder. needed application multibeast for kexts only.using usb audio cmedia.

i wrote this guide for clover.it seems most people on this site want things the easy way without learning anything sad.
its not hard take the download from app store in applications use options key drag to desktop then right click mouse
open with disk utility and restore to a usb flash drive.

It seems quite interesting.
From the hype it seems that it's possible to ignore the bios (if i've read it right) and possibly use the 2nd GPU.
I'm installing it onto a USB drive for testing.

Any luck with it?

ive been using it for little over a year and had no issues to speak of.havent tried to use two gpus.the major plus is doing complete retail install with 0 hacks.will boot the install esd/recovery.chameloen cant do this as bios based.not to mention boot 0 has been fixed.its a win win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back