Contribute
Register

Clover EFI boot Dell Latitude E6510

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I have clover installed to the EFI partition at \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi . I installed it via MAC OS 10.8.0. I used this guide to do so: http://cloverboot.weebly.com/install-clover-to-usbhdd.html

2. I've gone into the laptop BIOS and added the following to the boot menu:

Clover
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata/(0x0,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,--it goes off screen at this point
\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERx64.efi

3. This makes clover available in the boot menu, but it doesn't work. If I make it the primary boot option, I get "no bootable devices" error. If I press F12 and then select Clover manually, the laptop goes black for a second and the menu refreshes.

The EXACT same behavior is observed for Windows Boot Manager as well.

Windows Boot Manager
HD(1, GPT, 360EBFE3-etc)
\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

I checked and that file is definitely present in the EFI partition on my hard drive as well.

Tools I have available to me: I have a MAC 10.8.0 partition I can boot via USB/Chameleon. I'm trying to get Clover installed and make that my primary method of booting.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey man, did you end up getting this system to work?

I just wanted to say thank you to RehabMan for helping me out years ago with my laptop. It really meant a lot to me that you took the time and it's been on my todo list to come back to say thank you. And also thank you to the tonymacx86 community. I was able to release an app to the Apple store at one point using Hackintosh, using the information here,

Unfortunately--and perhaps hilariously--the laptop in question was struck by lightning via an underground telephone cable to a DSL modem to the ethernet port. It was also on HDMI to my television and the strike took out 3 of 4 HDMI ports on my television, and my Playstation 3. Zeus is not playing around.

The laptop's name was Spider. It traveled with me everywhere as I was vagabonding, traveling around living out of my car at some point. I used it as a pillow in the Hawaii airport while I waited for my buddy to get off work and pick me up. On freezing cold nights I download folding@home and shoved it under my blankets to keep warm. That laptop had been with me longer than most of my adult relationships. This was a bitter realization. :lol:

Rest in peace, Spider.

It is now years later and I have replaced the laptop by buying a Macbook Pro which I received in the mail this very day, and I am using it to type these closing words. It feels quite good to close the open loop. Thank you again.

Hey man, did you end up getting this system to work?

I'm afraid not. But it made an excellent conductor.

I just wanted to say thank you to RehabMan for helping me out years ago with my laptop. It really meant a lot to me that you took the time and it's been on my todo list to come back to say thank you. And also thank you to the tonymacx86 community. I was able to release an app to the Apple store at one point using Hackintosh, using the information here,

Unfortunately--and perhaps hilariously--the laptop in question was struck by lightning via an underground telephone cable to a DSL modem to the ethernet port. It was also on HDMI to my television and the strike took out 3 of 4 HDMI ports on my television, and my Playstation 3. Zeus is not playing around.

The laptop's name was Spider. It traveled with me everywhere as I was vagabonding, traveling around living out of my car at some point. I used it as a pillow in the Hawaii airport while I waited for my buddy to get off work and pick me up. On freezing cold nights I download folding@home and shoved it under my blankets to keep warm. That laptop had been with me longer than most of my adult relationships. This was a bitter realization. :lol:

Rest in peace, Spider.

It is now years later and I have replaced the laptop by buying a Macbook Pro which I received in the mail this very day, and I am using it to type these closing words. It feels quite good to close the open loop. Thank you again.

You're welcome... and congratulations on your new MacBook Pro.
Apple makes very nice laptops (I have a couple of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back