Contribute
Register

Clover efi BIOS boot - no bootable device solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
If following the instructions in the link below for clover install and clover does not boot, i have a tip for you.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html
If you get a black screen or no bootable device found error keep reading.

This is for BIOS only motherboards with no uefi supported and installing Clover in ESP for boot0af.

After much searching and finding nothing and trying many different settings like boot0ss instead of boot0af, reinstalling clover, lots of editing the config.plist (clover is not loading so editing config would not help anyways, much head banging. )

Older bios motherboards do not see the efi partition.
And I was thinking that clover was taking care of setting the efi as the boot partition, but it does not.

So to get clover to work, we have to use old methods to flag the active partition.

in terminal:
find what the disk number is: ie. disk0, disk1, etc.
Code:
diskutil list

cd to the folder fdisk440 is in.
flag the partition active:
Code:
sudo fdisk440 -e /dev/rdisk0
>f 1
>w
>q

if you don't have fdisk440, a copy is included on the clover boot cd's inside /usr/standalone/.

Reboot, and clover boots, yay!

Also as another tip, make sure your boot drive has a custom entry in the GUI part of the config.plist
I know I’m really late but how would I make the custom entry. I new to hackintosh stuff.

if you don't have fdisk440, a copy is included on the clover boot cd's inside /usr/standalone/.
I know I'm really late, but I can't seem to find fdisk440 anywhere on my drive. Is there some other way to get a copy of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back