i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630 + Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I just finished installing successfully Mojave.

Now I would like to be able to boot off of the SSD where it resides. I have run Multibeast and chose UEFi and rebooted.
It tries to boot but keeps on restarting. Using the USB installer's Clover works fine.
I installed it on its own SSD that does not have any other partition apart from Mojave so it's completely separated from any of my drives.
If I try the BIOS boot it does see the SSD as UEFI OS but goes in a boot loop.No go.
I don't want to mess everything up because it took a while to get it working right so I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I have found a guide somewhere else that says to copy the USB EFI folder content to the SSD's EFI folder but I'm afraid not to screw up anything.
The guide goes like this:

1. Open Clover Configurator
  2. Mount the EFI of the Flash Drive
  3. Press Open EFI or navigate to the EFI location in finder
  4. Copy the EFI Folder onto your desktop
  5. Open Finder and Eject the Flash Drive
  6. Using Clover Configurator Mount the EFI of the Disk you just installed Mac OS on
  7. Press Open EFI or navigate to the EFI location in finder
  8. Paste the EFI over the existing EFI on the disk
  9. Select Merge when it prompts you with a menu saying that the folder EFI already exists

Would this be the right way to go since the automated Multibeast doesn't appear to be working?

Thank you

Hello,
I just finished installing successfully Mojave.

Now I would like to be able to boot off of the SSD where it resides. I have run Multibeast and chose UEFi and rebooted.
It tries to boot but keeps on restarting. Using the USB installer's Clover works fine.
I installed it on its own SSD that does not have any other partition apart from Mojave so it's completely separated from any of my drives.
If I try the BIOS boot it does see the SSD as UEFI OS but goes in a boot loop.No go.
I don't want to mess everything up because it took a while to get it working right so I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I have found a guide somewhere else that says to copy the USB EFI folder content to the SSD's EFI folder but I'm afraid not to screw up anything.
The guide goes like this:

1. Open Clover Configurator
  2. Mount the EFI of the Flash Drive
  3. Press Open EFI or navigate to the EFI location in finder
  4. Copy the EFI Folder onto your desktop
  5. Open Finder and Eject the Flash Drive
  6. Using Clover Configurator Mount the EFI of the Disk you just installed Mac OS on
  7. Press Open EFI or navigate to the EFI location in finder
  8. Paste the EFI over the existing EFI on the disk
  9. Select Merge when it prompts you with a menu saying that the folder EFI already exists
Would this be the right way to go since the automated Multibeast doesn't appear to be working?

Thank you
don't merge, remove all files and folder in efi on hard drive and copy efi folder from your usb installer

Thank you for your prompt answer. I noticed the "kexts/Other" differs from one EFI to another. Don't want to lose my audio or my ethernet. Shall I put everything on the SSD-kexts-Other or can I copy them separately once it boots up correctly?

Thank you for your prompt answer. I noticed the "kexts/Other" differs from one EFI to another. Don't want to lose my audio or my ethernet. Shall I put everything on the SSD-kexts-Other or can I copy them separately once it boots up correctly?
either way will be fine

Crossed fingers, copied, rebooted and success! :clap:

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back