1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am about to update my El Capitan install to Sierra, which is my first mayor OS upgrade on a hackintosh.

As stated in the direct update guide, I am supposed to copy all kext files from "10.11" to the "Other" folder. But as you can see in the attached screenshot, there isn't even a single kext file in there. No FakeSMC, no Audio kext for my ALC892 or other kexts I installed using MultiBeast.

Is something wrong with my Clover? Should I manually download all kext files I think might be relevant and put them in "Other"? Or don't worry and just install Sierra? Of course I created a bootable backup using CCC but I would rather not rely on that.

clover.png

I am about to update my El Capitan install to Sierra, which is my first mayor OS upgrade on a hackintosh.

As stated in the direct update guide, I am supposed to copy all kext files from "10.11" to the "Other" folder. But as you can see in the attached screenshot, there isn't even a single kext file in there. No FakeSMC, no Audio kext for my ALC892 or other kexts I installed using MultiBeast.

Is something wrong with my Clover? Should I manually download all kext files I think might be relevant and put them in "Other"? Or don't worry and just install Sierra? Of course I created a bootable backup using CCC but I would rather not rely on that.

View attachment 212244

Copy FakeSMC and You're appropriate Ethernet kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Recommend deleting the 10.11 and rest of the folders leaving Other. Copy kexts from L/E/

Thank you VoiletDragon, I'll try that!

Update: Worked like a charm! Now running Sierra without any issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back