Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok guys, so here is a picture of my clover screen, and these are the options i get.
IMG_20161011_163224830.jpg

Boot Mac OS X from Sierra
Boot Recovery from Recovery HD

Boot Windows from System Reserved
Boot Windows from
Boot Windows from
^
These 3 give me this screen, and don't do anything even if i leave it for a long time.
wk5rwm.jpg
(blinking line thing)

So i cant boot to windows using clover.
The only way i can get to windows is using F12 and selecting Samsung SSD (windows ssd)
IMG_20161011_164952364.jpg
(these are my boot options)
in Bios, samsung ssd (windows drive) is my 1st boot choice.
If i select
P3: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G - Boots to chameleon (i don't use this)
UEFI: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G (P3: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G) - Boots to clover, the only way to get into my hackintosh.
P2: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB (disk drive) (nothing in drive) - boots to windows
Mac OS X - Boots to windows (don't know why or what this is)
P0: WDC W10EZEK-60ZFA0 - Boots to windows
P1: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (windows ssd) - Boots to windows as expected.

Any idea why this is happening? Also how can i remove chameleon (if i need to)

Here is my diskutil list:
IMG_20161011_165515216.jpg

I tried putting custom entries in the config.plist so i can change from boot Mac OS X from Sierra to just macOS Sierra.
But it didn't work.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Gershy13

You have two options:
1. Delete Clover UEFI installation and re-install Clover in Legacy Mode.
2. Re-install Windows in UEFI mode.

You have two options:
1. Delete Clover UEFI installation and re-install Clover in Legacy Mode.
2. Re-install Windows in UEFI mode.
is there anyway to do 2. without losing data?
if not, is there any downside to installing clover in legacy?

is there anyway to do 2. without losing data?
if not, is there any downside to installing clover in legacy?

First , to quote you from your initial post
(these are my boot options)
in Bios, samsung ssd (windows drive) is my 1st boot choice.
If i select
P3: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G - Boots to chameleon (i don't use this)
UEFI: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G (P3: Sandisk SDSSDHII120G) - Boots to clover, the only way to get into my hackintosh.
P2: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB (disk drive) (nothing in drive) - boots to windows
Mac OS X - Boots to windows (don't know why or what this is)
P0: WDC W10EZEK-60ZFA0 - Boots to windows
P1: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (windows ssd) - Boots to windows as expected.

Any idea why this is happening? Also how can i remove chameleon (if i need to)
The exact problem has been succinctly analyzed and precise recommendation has been already given by Going Bald to enable
dual boot.

To get rid of some of your boot menu "clutter" in Clover Boot Manager you have mentioned and illustrated above, although just a nuisance now , you may try the following:
In the Clover Boot manager screen with those boot icons,
1. Using the arrow key navigate to "Start UEFI shell 64 >_" and press the enter key.
2.Wait till the "Shell>" icon shows up after a series of entries.
3. At Shell> prompt type the command: bcfg boot dump [ENTER]
4. Look at the out put and first pick the "option" numbers colored blue and bold in my screen [like 00, 01 02 etc.] corresponding to the real physical disks which will be listed as "DevPath - HD." . They ALL MUST BE RETAINED,
5. Anything that does not show with "DevPath-HD" are bogus and are left overs from NVRAM that you can temporarily remove.
6. To get rid of the bogus entries you can use the next command one at a time for each numbered option as for example:
shell>bcfg boot rm 05 [ENTER] [05 may have pciroot instead of DevPath-HD association]

7.shell>bcfg boot dump [ENTER]
8.shell> bcfg boot rm 04 [ENTER] [04 may have pciroot instead of DevPath-HD association]

Once you alternate bcfg boot dump and bcfg boot rm you will find you have removed all bogus entries.

9. next you type exit command at shell prompt like shell > exit to return to Clover boot manager screen.
10. To permanently remove them, I have used easyuefi software through Windows. You may Google it to find the full steps.

Regarding UEFI vs Legacy, UEFI is definitely superior and BIOS ie legacy is on its way out for good as outdated booting method.

There are some ways to change Windows from Legacy to UEFI in its hard disk without data loss but they are complicated and not always non-destructive to data.

You may just disconnect the macOS Sierra SSD and boot to Windows through its own boot-loader . Once on the Windows desktop , save all your data to another removable disk and then you can create a UEFI USB Windows disk in GPT-UEFI [ using Rufus usb creator] and install Windows. This way you save your data and convert Windows to UEFI . Once that is completed and everything fixed for Windows, shut down and reconnect masc OS Sierra Hard disk. DO NOT MAKE WINDOWS as FIRST BOOT device. Make macOS Sierra as First Boot device so that CLOVER will boot boot mac and include Windows as "co-passenger".
Good luck

First , to quote you from your initial post
The exact problem has been succinctly analyzed and precise recommendation has been already given by Going Bald to enable
dual boot.

To get rid of some of your boot menu "clutter" in Clover Boot Manager you have mentioned and illustrated above, although just a nuisance now , you may try the following:
In the Clover Boot manager screen with those boot icons,
1. Using the arrow key navigate to "Start UEFI shell 64 >_" and press the enter key.
2.Wait till the "Shell>" icon shows up after a series of entries.
3. At Shell> prompt type the command: bcfg boot dump [ENTER]
4. Look at the out put and first pick the "option" numbers colored blue and bold in my screen [like 00, 01 02 etc.] corresponding to the real physical disks which will be listed as "DevPath - HD." . They ALL MUST BE RETAINED,
5. Anything that does not show with "DevPath-HD" are bogus and are left overs from NVRAM that you can temporarily remove.
6. To get rid of the bogus entries you can use the next command one at a time for each numbered option as for example:
shell>bcfg boot rm 05 [ENTER] [05 may have pciroot instead of DevPath-HD association]

7.shell>bcfg boot dump [ENTER]
8.shell> bcfg boot rm 04 [ENTER] [04 may have pciroot instead of DevPath-HD association]

Once you alternate bcfg boot dump and bcfg boot rm you will find you have removed all bogus entries.

9. next you type exit command at shell prompt like shell > exit to return to Clover boot manager screen.
10. To permanently remove them, I have used easyuefi software through Windows. You may Google it to find the full steps.

Regarding UEFI vs Legacy, UEFI is definitely superior and BIOS ie legacy is on its way out for good as outdated booting method.

There are some ways to change Windows from Legacy to UEFI in its hard disk without data loss but they are complicated and not always non-destructive to data.

You may just disconnect the macOS Sierra SSD and boot to Windows through its own boot-loader . Once on the Windows desktop , save all your data to another removable disk and then you can create a UEFI USB Windows disk in GPT-UEFI [ using Rufus usb creator] and install Windows. This way you save your data and convert Windows to UEFI . Once that is completed and everything fixed for Windows, shut down and reconnect masc OS Sierra Hard disk. DO NOT MAKE WINDOWS as FIRST BOOT device. Make macOS Sierra as First Boot device so that CLOVER will boot boot mac and include Windows as "co-passenger".
Good luck
actually to be honest its not worth it, ill just use f12 to boot into which ever i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back