Contribute
Register

Clover does not show High Sierra boot partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can someone help me on post #27 ?
You should install apfs.efi and hfsplus.efi to /efi/clover/drivers64uefi. Clover can't see your partition without these drivers. As your USB is booting you can copy the drivers from there.

Silly question to everyone upgrading.. but are you using the latest Clover? The latest Clover is the only Bootloader that has support for High Sierra. So, if you’ve updated your OS, assume that you will have to download the new Clover and use that rather than using a pre existing one you may have already save from your old build.

Edit: moral of the message being, update the EFI partition or folder using the new HS Clover.

Thanks!
I fix the question now, just putting APFS.EFI file to the folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and also to the folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.

hi everybody,
i want to understand: when I go to my old system Yosemite and if I look into the EFI partition, it's EMPTY !!

I precise that I run in legacy mode because my motherboard has e bios legacy and not UEFI.

So, if I want to boot my new system High Sierra in legacy mode for my old motherboard, normally I don't need to have the folder "drivers64UEFI",
but maybe I need to put apfs.efi directly in my main partition of ssd ?

Question for the administrators tonymacx86, RehabMan, and others supermen of Hackintosh, many of us are lost with this problem to see the system disk in clover

Thanks a lot for all.

So, if I want to boot my new system High Sierra in legacy mode for my old motherboard, normally I don't need to have the folder "drivers64UEFI",
but maybe I need to put apfs.efi directly in my main partition of ssd ?
For Legacy mode you need to put APFS.efi in the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder
many of us are lost with this problem to see the system disk in clover
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.
Or see [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328.

Note: AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

@Zenko
You said “check your EFI partition boot path”. Can you please explain how and where? Can I check it in EFI shell? I also can’t see my HS boot partition in clover. The APFS.efi is in place.

@bartrap Check your EFI partition boot path, make sure is set to CLOVER folder. I had the same problem as you, below is what worked for me. Hopefully you have another machine or windows to check for these.

I was having the same issue, woke up this morning to find my Mac OS hard drive was gone from clover bootloader screen. Followed the same thing @MikeBrown did and it worked. Clover now reads my mac drive.

Some context...

• I have windows 10 and mac os high sierra on two different drives.
  • When I boot it automatically goes to Clover bootloader, from there I boot to my mac (Yes, my next steps is to set my mac to boot on default :p)
  • When I installed high sierra I didn't physically remove the windows 10 drive, you should. From reading up other people's similar issues this might be the reason why Clover wasn't reading the mac drive. Windows update could messed up with the other drive somehow... I could be wrong but I can't rule this out since windows 10 is crazy when it comes to automatic updates.

Hi guys,

After MultiBeast installation at final step of a clean install, my APFS disk is not recognised into clover after reboot event if I boot from the disk which I installed high Sierra. But I can see it in the Clover for the installation USB. This simple things work for me:

1- Boot on the USB installer you used and make sure to have Clover Configurator on it
2- Mount EFI of the USB Installer and mount the EFI of the disk you just installed High Sierra
3- Copy APFS.EFI from the USB EFI to the same place into the EFI folder of your internal disk
4- Reboot and choose your internal disk

Hope this will work for you too!

I don't understand why this is happen (because I'm a noob and this is my first build) but I used last version of every software so...

Thanks guys, in my case i solved it by copying APFS.EFI into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Hi guys,

After MultiBeast installation at final step of a clean install, my APFS disk is not recognised into clover after reboot event if I boot from the disk which I installed high Sierra. But I can see it in the Clover for the installation USB. This simple things work for me:

1- Boot on the USB installer you used and make sure to have Clover Configurator on it
2- Mount EFI of the USB Installer and mount the EFI of the disk you just installed High Sierra
3- Copy APFS.EFI from the USB EFI to the same place into the EFI folder of your internal disk
4- Reboot and choose your internal disk

Hope this will work for you too!

I don't understand why this is happen (because I'm a noob and this is my first build) but I used last version of every software so...

How do I mount the EFI with Clover Boot Manager? I have Clover Configurator on the USB drive.

I had the same problem as described by @Priyank.410

The install went perfectly but once I tried to Boot using Clover v2.4_r4411 my new High Sierra installed SSD was not showing in the Clover GUI boot options.

I found the solution to MY problem was found described in this video at 5:17

In short you need to:
  1. Find the High Sierra Installer
  2. Show its Package Contents
  3. Navigate to Contents > SharedSupport
  4. Mount BaseSystem.dmg
  5. In the mounted DMG, Navigate to usr > standalone > i386
  6. Copy the file apfs.efi to your desktop
  7. Install Clover again
  8. After the install is successful, find the mounted EFI partition
  9. Copy the apfs.efi to BOTH /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI AND /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (Copy that file to BOTH directories or Clover wont see an APFS formatted drive!)
When I restarted my machine HP Z800, I could see the High Sierra SSD in the Clover and proceed with my installs or boot process normally.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bro, this worked like a charm for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back